The Student Room Group

UCL MSc Psychological Sciences Conversion Course Sept 2019 Applicants

Anyone else applying? I've just submitted my application. Really hope I get in as UCL is the only Russell Group to offer a conversion course in London!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will also be applying over Christmas. Any idea how competitive it is?!
Reply 2
Original post by Hatayy
I will also be applying over Christmas. Any idea how competitive it is?!

Yay someone else :smile: What background are you coming from? No idea - it says apply early due to competitive nature but can't find any stats anywhere!
Reply 3
Original post by ilovetea100
Yay someone else :smile: What background are you coming from? No idea - it says apply early due to competitive nature but can't find any stats anywhere!

Undergraduate degree in Neuroscience, so still pretty related. How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by Hatayy
Undergraduate degree in Neuroscience, so still pretty related. How about you?

Completely different - did undergrad in politics, wanting to convert to psychology! It's quite different to other conversion courses offered (e.g. Edinburgh expressly says this is for applicants with unrelated degrees) so I'm not sure of my chances but I live in London so it would be easiest!
Has anyone received a response?

AFAIK the department received triple the amount of applications since they've renamed it to psychological sciences from 'research methods in psychology'.

Funny what rebranding can do ey?

EDIT: forgot to add there were approx 300 applications made for about 30 spots last year.
Hi, just wondered if any of you have received a response and what the turn around time was from when you submitted the application?
Reply 7
Original post by ajamieson
Hi, just wondered if any of you have received a response and what the turn around time was from when you submitted the application?

They have put a comment on the course page: "students are advised that we will not be making any decisions on applications until late March/early April 2019."
Anyone else applying? I've just submitted my application. Really hope I get in as UCL is the only Russell Group to offer a conversion course in London!

Hey guys

So I see that they said on their website they are not making decisions until late March.
I put one of my two referee's as my employer...do you think I should change it to another academic one?
Reply 9
Hi! I’ve applied for the MSc in psychological sciences as well. Anyone got news?
Original post by Piecci
Hi! I’ve applied for the MSc in psychological sciences as well. Anyone got news?

Nope haven't heard anything and the wait is killing me as it is definitely time! Already have my other offers but UCL is the one I want! Anyone else?
I'm still waiting for the result 😂
Same! They said late March/early April.... the wait is painful
Original post by isabella8jian
I'm still waiting for the result 😂
Yeah, I just want a final decision, either an offer or a Sorry notice 😂😂😂 But of course I'd love the offer😂😂😂
Yep, just about had enough of this now 😅
It's already April 10th.....😔
Reply 16
Weirdly enough, I feel quite relieved that I don’t seem to be the only one who hasn’t yet heard the outcome. Just hoping them keeping us hanging doesn’t mean No-offer.
JUST GOT MY OFFER!! Things are finally happening on the UCL side :')
JUST GOT MY OFFER!! Things are finally happening on the UCL side :')

Well done! congrats :smile:

were you notified on the UCL portal thingy?
Thank you! No I wasn't. I even checked portico this morning and nothing had changed. It came through directly into my inbox from the teaching administrator and then they said portico will update later.
Original post by Infinite Potato
Well done! congrats :smile:

were you notified on the UCL portal thingy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending