The Student Room Group

Italy bans unvaccinated children from school

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurawatt
herd immunity though :unsure:

Antivaxxers undermine herd immunity.

It should only really be relied on if a child *cannot* be vaccinated for whatever reason. Not an excuse to not get vaccinated if you can :yep:
Original post by Blue_Cow
Eh.

Edward Jenner was active around the 18th century - I'm sure JRM can accommodate for an extra century :wink:

What has the Belt and Road initiative got to do with vaccinations?

Nothing, was just a little joke.
ill say it again, if my parents cant give my lil bro peanuts in his lunchbox y'all can't bring measles
Original post by TheStupidMoon
It doesn't help the argument when people resort to childish labels or cliches such as herd immunity.
People should be asking themselves how effective are these forced drugs and what is the testing and followup regime and how could it be affected by conflicts of interest instead of parroting what they have heard on mumsnet.

The commie countries were vaccinating kids for everything and their populations were growing up very fast.
Since the collapse of communism many vaccination procedures were dropped and various illnesses are coming back. The parents of the kids who refuse to vaccinate are just undereducated. If they don't wish to participate in the modern society, so shall they be removed, and that's good.
Reply 44
Original post by DSutch
I can understand the argument and why it has been done in Italy, but cannot see it happening at least country-wide in the UK. Unless the DUP believe in it, which I doubt. Presumably Jacob Rees-Mogg is against it as it was not about in the 17th Century.

The DUP are not going to be relevant for very much longer.
Original post by thestudent33
Some parent's don't want this done tho, so the school should recognise that.

Some parents don't want to put a seatbelt on their child. Do you recognise that and accept it?
Is Herd Immunity a 'childish label' or a 'cliche'?
It doesn't help the argument when people resort to childish labels or cliches such as herd immunity.
People should be asking themselves how effective are these forced drugs and what is the testing and followup regime and how could it be affected by conflicts of interest instead of parroting what they have heard on mumsnet.
Original post by Jamie
Some parents don't want to put a seatbelt on their child. Do you recognise that and accept it?

Yeah :colone:
Original post by laurawatt
herd immunity though :unsure:

EDIT: the levels have dropped to 80% which is too low for herd immunity - I'm pretty sure its 85/90% for herd immunity to work :smile:

95%.
A Corbynista I presume..?
Original post by thestudent33
Yeah :colone:
Original post by Jamie
A Corbynista I presume..?

You could say so
Original post by anonymous1231231
ill say it again, if my parents cant give my lil bro peanuts in his lunchbox y'all can't bring measles

It's more like force feeding everyone peanuts because a few people lack the nutrients they provide. Except replace peanuts with vaccines and nutrients with poor immune systems.
Original post by Good bloke
Herd immunity is a medical term, not a cliche. You may not like it but it is what scientists, academics, doctors and,.indeed, governments use to describe the effect.

https://www.ovg.ox.ac.uk/news/herd-immunity-how-does-it-work

https://www.vaccines.gov/basics/work/protection/index.html

https://campaigns.health.gov.au/immunisationfacts/community-herd-immunity

How many people are arguing about herd immunity in good faith versus those who are repeating what they've heard in order to be snide? It's good that most people have avoided the worse comments this topic attracts but it can still be better.

Original post by QE2
What? People who can't be vaccinated should stay at home because some people choose not to vaccinate their children - for no good reason?

They are the people with the problem. They would be at risk of any germs.
For example people with AIDs are at risk of the parasite in cat droppings. Why aren't people demanding a microchip and vaccination regime for cats to protect those with poor immune systems?
Original post by Blue_Cow
Antivaxxers undermine herd immunity.

It should only really be relied on if a child *cannot* be vaccinated for whatever reason. Not an excuse to not get vaccinated if you can :yep:

What testing and analysing is done to identify people with potential reactions that are harmful?

P.S Using the american term "antivaxxer" makes you look ignorant.
I've been trying to do my bit for herd immunity by immunizing people on the down low, but I keep forgetting to wipe off the screwdriver so I suspect I've actually just caused more trouble :frown:
It's more like force feeding everyone peanuts because a few people lack the nutrients they provide. Except replace peanuts with vaccines and nutrients with poor immune systems.

How many people are arguing about herd immunity in good faith versus those who are repeating what they've heard in order to be snide? It's good that most people have avoided the worse comments this topic attracts but it can still be better.

They are the people with the problem. They would be at risk of any germs.
For example people with AIDs are at risk of the parasite in cat droppings. Why aren't people demanding a microchip and vaccination regime for cats to protect those with poor immune systems?

That peanut comparison is the most stupid thing I’ve ever read.
P.S Using the american term "antivaxxer" makes you look ignorant.

No. Claiming that the term 'herd immunity' is a childish cliche is what demonstrates ignorance.
Original post by -Eirlys-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47536981

"Italian children have been told not to turn up to school unless they can prove they have been properly vaccinated.
The deadline follows months of national debate over compulsory vaccination.

Parents risk being fined up to €500 (£425; $560) if they send their unvaccinated children to school. Children under six can be turned away.

The new law came amid a surge in measles cases - but Italian officials say vaccination rates have improved since it was introduced."

Compulsory vaccination and compulsory education should both be banned. Both are the evil work of the global zionist elite. This elite will either have no vaccines or their own special vaccines. They want to vaccinate you so that they don't catch anything off you and so that they can gain access to your blood. They have already been caught putting sterilizing agents in tetanus vaccines for women in Africa.
Good and I would like this to go further. Parents who knowingly send their children to school when they are ill should be fined too. We could significantly reduce the amount of ill health and disease in society by preventing contagion. We don't even bother half the time.
Original post by tashkent46
Good and I would like this to go further. Parents who knowingly send their children to school when they are ill should be fined too. We could significantly reduce the amount of ill health and disease in society by preventing contagion. We don't even bother half the time.

Do you think that Bill Gates' children will have the same vaccines that they are forcing onto the masses?
Original post by COCONUT321
Do you think that Bill Gates' children will have the same vaccines that they are forcing onto the masses?

No idea but I think the general principle applies behind any vaccine. It works or it doesn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending