The Student Room Group

Is dating as a black girl in uk hard

Is dating as a black girl in the uk hard ? I would say I do like black men and they are quite attractive men but I’m starting uni soon and Ive never been to a party since my parents have kept me quite protected so I’m not used to the drinking scenes or clubs but I’ve also never had a boyfriend before ! I do get compliments for my figure and skin as I’m African and have quite a brown skin tone but I would say I’m mostly Interested in attractive white men but I don’t think they like black girls is it true ! I do get “your pretty for a black girl a lot and it frustrates me a lot but I like white men more but I think they usually go for their white girls and it brings me down so much , does a lot of interracial couples happen in the cities like Liverpool Manchester Newcastle Glasgow etc aswell ?
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If you're pretty you're pretty. I have no doubt believing some white men prefer white women because look at all of the relationships that aren't interracial but there are definitely white men who will date you.
Reply 2
To answer your question, no....well at least from what I see around me. Plenty of white guys like black girls. But at the end of the day it's all down to individual preferences.
Reply 3
you should be fine, some people have their preferences and that's ok, but there will be plenty of guys who it makes no difference to, and some who may even prefer black women to white women.
Reply 4
Original post by MariaSmith02
Is dating as a black girl in the uk hard ? I would say I do like black men and they are quite attractive men but I’m starting uni soon and Ive never been to a party since my parents have kept me quite protected so I’m not used to the drinking scenes or clubs but I’ve also never had a boyfriend before ! I do get compliments for my figure and skin as I’m African and have quite a brown skin tone but I would say I’m mostly Interested in attractive white men but I don’t think they like black girls is it true ! I do get “your pretty for a black girl a lot and it frustrates me a lot but I like white men more but I think they usually go for their white girls and it brings me down so much , does a lot of interracial couples happen in the cities like Liverpool Manchester Newcastle Glasgow etc aswell ?

There are many interracial couples everywhere. You need to be careful because you have had a sheltered life so far
Why do you only prefer white guys? Are you believing the racist lie about some races being more attractive than others?
What do you mean I need to be careful ? And growing up I have struggle with black boys since they made me have a low self esteem and confidence but I have always found my self attractive to white guys
Original post by mgi
There are many interracial couples everywhere. You need to be careful because you have had a sheltered life so far
Why do you only prefer white guys? Are you believing the racist lie about some races being more attractive than others?
I like white guys myself more than black guys and I’m African too. I would say that not all white guys go for white girls some really like black girls. I’m not quite sure about those places but I know there are quite a few interracial couples in London but you never know.

But be careful because some white guys could use you because of the stereotype of black women being good in bed etc.
Where about do you live , do you live in the cities ?
Original post by sarahyi
To answer your question, no....well at least from what I see around me. Plenty of white guys like black girls. But at the end of the day it's all down to individual preferences.
Reply 8
Where about do you live , do you live in the cities ?

Yea
Reply 9
What do you mean I need to be careful ? And growing up I have struggle with black boys since they made me have a low self esteem and confidence but I have always found my self attractive to white guys

This is an upside down black on black racism. Thats why you need ti be careful! If i said that i prefer white girls because black girls are a problem and are sexually promiscuous you would quite rightly consider it a racist attitude. But you are happy to say something similar about black boys when you are black yourself. How sad is that!
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I like white guys myself more than black guys and I’m African too. I would say that not all white guys go for white girls some really like black girls. I’m not quite sure about those places but I know there are quite a few interracial couples in London but you never know.

But be careful because some white guys could use you because of the stereotype of black women being good in bed etc.

And why have you decided that you prefer white guys to black guys? Is this racist stereotyping of a racial group except that it is black on black? So even though you are black you would not give a black male a chance if you were a magistrate for example. I can see the problems blacks face; they are not just because of white privilege -Self loathing keeps people mentally enslaved! Listen to 'Redemption song' by Bob Marley!
Reply 11
With what I’ve seen it’s mostly black guys going for white girls. But girl don’t let that stop you from getting with a white male. You’ll meet so many new people at uni from around the UK so don’t worry about it too much
No I do like black boys but they have treated me badly in the past ! And I found myself more attractive to white guys I would give a black guy a chance
Original post by mgi
And why have you decided that you prefer white guys to black guys? Is this racist stereotyping of a racial group except that it is black on black? So even though you are black you would not give a black male a chance if you were a magistrate for example. I can see the problems blacks face; they are not just because of white privilege -Self loathing keeps people mentally enslaved! Listen to 'Redemption song' by Bob Marley!

It’s my preference. It doesn’t mean I won’t give a black guy a chance but I like what I like.
No I do like black boys but they have treated me badly in the past ! And I found myself more attractive to white guys I would give a black guy a chance

I can relate to this!!!
Reply 15
It’s my preference. It doesn’t mean I won’t give a black guy a chance but I like what I like.

If a white girl made a statement like this i think you would be outraged . It is quite ridiculous and racist for a white girl or boy to say , that they prefer Chinese boys because black boys have caused them trouble im the past but you are saying the same thing but not being described as racist simply because you are black as well. What a lot of white people don't realise is that black people like yourself have very similar racist attitudes to any white person but you get away with it because you are black yourself. Black on black racism exists for sure. Quite wrong and unfair. How does the statement '" i dont date black girls and white girls are my preference because i have met some in the past that have slept around. I like what i like "' Ridiculous racist stereotyping- Right? But you do it to your own race so what is the problem if a white guy says a similar thing?
Reply 16
It’s a preference if she doesn’t like black guys and prefers white guys more it’s her decision how the *** is that racist? You seem hurt because a black girl likes a white guy more I’ve seen it before some black girls hate black guys dating white women lol I’m white myself I find it hilarious you cannot make someone like another person just because thats what you are like or you hate the fact she likes someone not her race lol grow up bro you sound more racist than she does tbh
Reply 17
Original post by Liam20
t’s a preference if she doesn’t like black guys and prefers white guys more it’s her decision how the *** is that racist? You seem hurt because a black girl likes a white guy more I’ve seen it before some black girls hate black guys dating white women lol I’m white myself I find it hilarious you cannot make someone like another person just because thats what you are like or you hate the fact she likes someone not her race lol grow up bro you sound more racist than she does tbh

You have not understood the theme of my post at all! Did you read the original post as well. You can date whatever race you want. Its your choice. What i find interesting is the sometimes quite racist reasoning for doing so! For example:" i dont date black guys because i have had trouble with them in the past " This is a racist statement no matter who says it! If i said to you: "I don't date white girls because i have found previously that they behave like ****s and make insulting comments to people" you would say , quite rightly,that the statement is racist wouldn't you? Why not just say" i am dating a black girl,Chinese girl.....", etc? Why add the racist stereotyping reason? That is the point i am making. Notice that the black girls on this thread have now got little to say now that i have challenged them on their blatant racist stereotyping of black guys! When do you hear white guys saying such things about white girls? Race politics is quite interesting. We should not allow people to get away with racist stereotypical reasoning no matter what colour they are!
Original post by Liam20
Are you actually retarded? It’s a preference if she doesn’t like black guys and prefers white guys more it’s her decision how the *** is that racist? You seem hurt because a black girl likes a white guy more I’ve seen it before some black girls hate black guys dating white women lol I’m white myself I find it hilarious you cannot make someone like another person just because thats what you are like or you hate the fact she likes someone not her race lol grow up bro you sound more racist than she does tbh

Thank you 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
Reply 19
Thank you 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Thank you for what? Make sure you understand what mgi is actually saying!

Latest

Trending

Trending