The Student Room Group

UCC medicine

Hi!!! I recently applied to UCC medicine (my top choice in Ireland) and got an interview offer I am really exited yet nervous too and was wondering if anyone had some insight regarding the interview style? Is it like in the UK where they ask you tons of questions about example scenarios and ethics and such? I'm an IB international and will be doing the interview via video btw.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey there! I just received my interview invitation and yesterday and it will be tomorrow. I can't find any information either..
Original post by baldmoe
Hey there! I just received my interview invitation and yesterday and it will be tomorrow. I can't find any information either..

For UCC? Cuz I already took mine and all I can say (probs all I'm allowed to say haha) is that they want to know about YOU and well just get to know you more as a person, it would also be good for you to brush up a bit on why it is you picked that uni, its always flattering to whoever interviews you if you start mentioning the things you love about their course :smile:
And well just relax, be confident and smile :biggrin:. I was worrying so much and had such a nice experience with them! if your interviewers are like mine then they're gonna be really nice and make you feel at ease very soon. Also, don't be afraid to take a min to think of an answer, better to answer truthfully/correctly than to get ahead of yourself and f*ck up.

And lastly, well if you got this far good luck!!! ppl say getting the interview offer is the hardest part so your almost there :smile: Be nice and honest, you'll probs do great :biggrin:
Reply 3
Thanks so much! I actually had my RCSI interview last week and
Reply 4
and it wasn’t that well because I got ahead of myself and screwed up haha
Original post by baldmoe
and it wasn’t that well because I got ahead of myself and screwed up haha

I'm sorry to hear that, idk if you're planing on re-applying or if you've got any other offers anywhere else but all I can say is that it's not the end of the world, there are many, many, many other options for medicine literally everywhere and if you weren't ready this time I'm sure u'll be ready the next :smile: take it form someone who got 3 rejections already)
Reply 6
@frustratedTeen

Thanks for the tips you’ve given me. It really calmed me down a lot and it was better than my previous interview! 😊 Have you gotten an offer?
is it too late to apply now?
Reply 8
@MechEngta

Where are you applying from?
england
Original post by baldmoe
@frustratedTeen

Thanks for the tips you’ve given me. It really calmed me down a lot and it was better than my previous interview! 😊 Have you gotten an offer?

I'm really glad to hear that congrats!!!
I haven't gotten any offers yet I guess I'm still waiting for them to reply, but since the interviews are out of the way all I have now is the wait
Reply 11
@MechEngta

You should email them to check!
Reply 12
Has anyone received any news?
Original post by baldmoe
Has anyone received any news?

Not at all actually. I've been checking my email in such a way that can only be labelled as excessive and bordering on obsessive :smile: Also been wondering if I should email them, been 3 weeks since my interview and not a single word....
Reply 14
There’s a 2nd round of interview for applicants I’m Singapore. Would it be the same as the first interview? Or will they insert some ethical questions?
Reply 15
In Singapore*
Original post by baldmoe
There’s a 2nd round of interview for applicants I’m Singapore. Would it be the same as the first interview? Or will they insert some ethical questions?

Idk sorry...although I doubt they will make them different, but maybe that explains why some of us are still waiting to hear back? since they're still not done with the interviews?
Btw, anyone got any idea on when we should her back after the interview? The interviewer told me a couple of weeks but its been almost a month now and I'm not sure if I should ask...
Reply 18
For mine, there was no news so I emailed the agent through which I applied to. She then stated that I’ve been shortlisted for a second round of interview (not sure of the date yet) but she was only allowed to tell the students closer to the interview date. Perhaps you could email and check too?
Original post by baldmoe
For mine, there was no news so I emailed the agent through which I applied to. She then stated that I’ve been shortlisted for a second round of interview (not sure of the date yet) but she was only allowed to tell the students closer to the interview date. Perhaps you could email and check too?

Ohhh, nvm just checked my email and my agent says they should get news by the end of next week so fingers crossed then haha :biggrin: thanks tho :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending