The Student Room Group

Should I revise for my mocks or GCSEs?

Silly question I know but my smart friends aren't bothering with revising for our English and Maths Mock next week and revising for other subjects for their GCSEs. They can get away with not revising for them and still get 8s and 9s.

I can't though.My maths teacher said I have to get a grade 7 in these mocks as I usually get grade 5s. For English Lang I got a 4 in our first year 11 mock and for English Lit I got a 5.

I've done jack crap revision for my GCSEs so should I priotise revision for my mocks or other GCSE subjects?
We only have like a month left...tbh now is not the time to do mocks but it will be good practice. English and maths are main subjects anyway so you should be prioritizing them ......anyways good luck maths-mathsgenie and english-MR BRUFF......
Reply 2
Bump
Tbh mate, I was in a similar situation when I did my GCSE's last year. My friends were smarter than me generally, however I followed in their footsteps thinking I was the same and did no revision. I came out fine (two 9's in english, 7 in maths etc). I can't guarantee it'll be the same for you, but I failed every single one of my mocks.
Reply 4
Original post by LexiKristen
Tbh mate, I was in a similar situation when I did my GCSE's last year. My friends were smarter than me generally, however I followed in their footsteps thinking I was the same and did no revision. I came out fine (two 9's in english, 7 in maths etc). I can't guarantee it'll be the same for you, but I failed every single one of my mocks.

So what you're saying is that I should revise for my GCSEs instead?
Original post by Hiro2468
So what you're saying is that I should revise for my GCSEs instead?

Yea.

Quick Reply

Latest