The Student Room Group

Barclays Higher Apprenticeship interview

I have applied for Barclays Higher Technology Apprenticeship. I have a video interview coming up. Does anyone know what it consist of and what questions were asked? Any advice would be great. Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

No clue, I am doing mine in a couple of days aswell. Any help would be appreciated!
Reply 2
Have you heard back from them yet ?
Original post by kamila-0000
No clue, I am doing mine in a couple of days aswell. Any help would be appreciated!
You are not the only one, I applied for the Higher Apprenticeship and completed the online interview and still waiting for a response back from them.
Original post by d.m.123
Have you heard back from them yet ?
Reply 4
That’s a relief tbh- they’re probably overloaded with applications at this point. When abouts did you apply? It’s coming up to nearly 2 weeks for me
I applied on the 12th March so around 3 weeks ago. Which locations did you apply at? I applied for the apprenticeship at their Knutsford site.
Original post by d.m.123
That’s a relief tbh- they’re probably overloaded with applications at this point. When abouts did you apply? It’s coming up to nearly 2 weeks for me
Reply 6
Hmm okay. I applied for London (Canary Wharf) site to do Tech. How did you find the video interview?
Original post by marcusthackeray
I applied on the 12th March so around 3 weeks ago. Which locations did you apply at? I applied for the apprenticeship at their Knutsford site.
Oh right cool. I found that the video interview went ok but I thought I could of done better on how long i spent answering each question, I felt like I was rushing my answers but I was saying the correct things (well hopefully). I applied for the Vodafone Degree Apprenticeship too and I just completed an online video interview and I thought that went awful but I got an email yesterday stating that I have successful passed that stage and I'm onto the assessment centre. If that went terrible then surely there is some hope for Barclays!
Original post by d.m.123
Hmm okay. I applied for London (Canary Wharf) site to do Tech. How did you find the video interview?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Good job! Hope the AC goes well. Yeah pretty sure I just mentioned Barclays values for the whole interview tbh so we’ll see
Oh right cool. I found that the video interview went ok but I thought I could of done better on how long i spent answering each question, I felt like I was rushing my answers but I was saying the correct things (well hopefully). I applied for the Vodafone Degree Apprenticeship too and I just completed an online video interview and I thought that went awful but I got an email yesterday stating that I have successful passed that stage and I'm onto the assessment centre. If that went terrible then surely there is some hope for Barclays!
Thank you! - I hope everything goes well with your Barclay's Application. Fingers crossed we get a response this week coming up! It is probably most likely this week I get a response as it has been around 2 weeks since I completed the Online Interview. When did you complete your Online Interview?
Original post by d.m.123
Good job! Hope the AC goes well. Yeah pretty sure I just mentioned Barclays values for the whole interview tbh so we’ll see
Reply 10
Yeah I’m hoping with Easter now that we find out! I completed mine on 23rd March (Saturday) so it’s the 3rd working week I guess since I’ve done it. I’m doing Accenture online app on Tuesday bc i finally heard back, and I’m waiting to see if my Deloitte one is accepted.
Thank you! - I hope everything goes well with your Barclay's Application. Fingers crossed we get a response this week coming up! It is probably most likely this week I get a response as it has been around 2 weeks since I completed the Online Interview. When did you complete your Online Interview?
Oh right thats good, I hope everything goes well with all your applications. I applied for Accenture and then got an email next day saying I was unsuccessful. I have got a few applications on the line: Barclay's, Bentley, Amazon, AstraZeneca, MBDA and Vodafone. If all unsuccessful I have to resort to University which I have got a place for Computer Science but to be honest, I'd much rather go and do a degree apprenticeship.
Original post by d.m.123
Yeah I’m hoping with Easter now that we find out! I completed mine on 23rd March (Saturday) so it’s the 3rd working week I guess since I’ve done it. I’m doing Accenture online app on Tuesday bc i finally heard back, and I’m waiting to see if my Deloitte one is accepted.
I got an email today from Barclays saying I have been invited to the assessment day! I do not know how I go to this stage! Better not mess it up now or I will be annoyed. Have you heard back from them yet?
Original post by d.m.123
Reply 13
Well done! Haven’t heard back yet which is kind of frustrating but I did apply for foundation so unless they haven’t looked at those yet. Trying not to get too worried about it. Deloitte have let me through to video stage even though I was way below grade requirements which is kind of encouraging at least.
I got an email today from Barclays saying I have been invited to the assessment day! I do not know how I go to this stage! Better not mess it up now or I will be annoyed. Have you heard back from them yet?
Thank you! Have you tried contacting HR for an update on your application? Nice, well done. I hope Deloitte goes well for you!
Original post by d.m.123
Well done! Haven’t heard back yet which is kind of frustrating but I did apply for foundation so unless they haven’t looked at those yet. Trying not to get too worried about it. Deloitte have let me through to video stage even though I was way below grade requirements which is kind of encouraging at least.
Reply 15
Thanks! Have they given you a date yet for the AC? And no I haven’t yet, I’ll give it till next week then contact them probably.
Thank you! Have you tried contacting HR for an update on your application? Nice, well done. I hope Deloitte goes well for you!
The assessment centre date is on Friday 24th May. I have been given a timeline by a friend who works at Barclays currently for the application process. I have attached a screenshot of the timeline to this message - I hope this helps!
Original post by d.m.123
Thanks! Have they given you a date yet for the AC? And no I haven’t yet, I’ll give it till next week then contact them probably.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Thank you for this! Just realised I’m on holiday for all of the AC dates so if I do get to go I’ll need to sort that out. Didn’t realise higher ppl start so early?
The assessment centre date is on Friday 24th May. I have been given a timeline by a friend who works at Barclays currently for the application process. I have attached a screenshot of the timeline to this message - I hope this helps!
No problem. Yeah, I thought the same too because I don't get my A-level results till 14th August. Maybe the 29th July is the on boarding day where you submit your right to work documents and bank details etc.
Original post by d.m.123
Thank you for this! Just realised I’m on holiday for all of the AC dates so if I do get to go I’ll need to sort that out. Didn’t realise higher ppl start so early?
Any luck with your Barclays Application?
Original post by d.m.123

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending