The Student Room Group

Theology and Religion 2020 Applicants!

Original post by 04MR17

Hi there!:hi:

If you're interested in applying to do Theology or Religion for 2018 entry then this is the place for you!:woo:
NOTE: Please use this thread for any kind of Theological, Religion-based courses, there are plenty of variants but it's nice to have you all together. Philosophical course thread can be found here.:h:

You can use this place to chat about where you're applying, tips for interviews and that kind of thing while meeting fellow applicants

Why not start by introducing yourself? Use the frame below to tell us a bit about yourself, leave off any information you don't want to share.:h:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Thinking of/applying to:

Here's some good examples of personal statements to help you if you're struggling to write yours....

Theology Personal Statements

NOTE: Do not post your personal statement anywhere on the internet outside of the PS review area. Otherwise you will be flagged up for plagiarism in UCAS. Similarly, do not copy anything from the personal statements included here. They are for inspiration only.

I WANT TO DO THEOLOGY...FOR 2020 ENTRY...HELP PLEASE!!! I TAKE A LEVEL RS, PSYCH AND POLITICS...GOT 1 9, 2 8s, 1 7, 3 6s, 2 5s and a double distinction star at uni...predicted A* A A bur will probably get A* A C
Original post by A level RPP
I WANT TO DO THEOLOGY...FOR 2020 ENTRY...HELP PLEASE!!! I TAKE A LEVEL RS, PSYCH AND POLITICS...GOT 1 9, 2 8s, 1 7, 3 6s, 2 5s and a double distinction star at uni...predicted A* A A bur will probably get A* A C

Where? And calm down lol.
Original post by jonathanjames
Where? And calm down lol.

Dunno
That's unhelpful.
Dunno
Original post by leafleor
That's unhelpful.

Trinity college maybe...
[Posts moved into new thread from the 2018 applicants thread.]

Are you applying to study Philosophy, religious studies or Theology at University this year?
Well this is the place for you!
:party:

Post below with details about your...

Specific Course:
Universities you're applying to:
A level / IB / Higher grades:
GCSE grades:
Favourite Musical?

Share as much detail as you're comfortable with. :h:

It's funny that anyone would let me talk to anyone about finding a future but you asked so here we go. I've an MA in Philosophy from St-Andrews and if I'm honest I don't get the focus on Theology - I'm not dissing it because I know it's a hard subject but ask yourself why you're dead set on Theology in the first place. If it's priesthood then look to the Church - Uni will not help with enlightenment! Uni's only going to give harder and harder questions - there is no ultimate solution. Try and work out what you're looking for in the first place.
Got a place at Oxford for a PgDip in Theology and Religion... anyone else? XD

Latest

Trending

Trending