The Student Room Group

Assignment

Immigration question absolutely stuck on this last question can anyone help
Am completely lost figuring out what kind of visa he need to apply for

This is the scenario

Dehas, aged 70, lives in Qurghonteppa and is a widower. He used to be a civil servant and now survives on a state pension. He lives in his own home which is a modest house with 2 rooms and kitchen, bathroom and WC. Every month he receives £250 from his son who lives in the UK. Dehas is in poor health and suffers from high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes and uses a walking stick to get around but generally takes care of himself with the occasional help of friends and neighbours. He has no other relatives. He has never travelled abroad.

His son, Kazir, has applied for settled status in the UK and is married, with 1 child, Persula, aged 3, who was born in Toome, when her parents went there on vacation. Kazir works as an Account Manager for a Housing Association and earns £20,000 per annum. His wife Tanya, was born in Buenos Aries, when her father was stationed out there as a British Diplomat. Tanya works as a teacher in the local school and earns £30,000. Dehas has never met his grandchild and Kazir wants his father to visit him in the UK and will cover all the costs.

Q5.
If, instead of applying for a visitor’s visa Kazir wants his father to stay permanently with him in the UK, what are the Requirements under the Immigration Rules and what are the prospects of success for the application?
(10 marks)
(edited 5 years ago)
Post the question and see if anyone has any ideas. Best to post what your thoughts are about the question, say where you're having difficulty and so forth.
Reply 2
Bump
Original post by zeezee86
Bump

See you ignored the "Best to post what your thoughts are about the question, say where you're having difficulty and so forth." bit.
Original post by Notoriety
See you ignored the "Best to post what your thoughts are about the question, say where you're having difficulty and so forth." bit.

maybe my man has no thoughts :fluffy:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Afterlife?
maybe my man has no thoughts

I would say that would be unlikely, given the lectures and textbooks that OP has gone through.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending