The Student Room Group

Repeating second year of uni, preparing earlier than others?

So I left university December 2022 due to illness. I am now repeating the year in September 2023 . However as I left in December 2022 I pretty much have familiarised myself with one of the modules so have prepared for it early and accessed unis library. Will they know I have done this? I’ve already completed one of the assignments for when I go back to uni in sept 2023 so I’m less stressed this way. So I’ve been spending the last few months accessing a bunch of resources and making sure I get a good grade. Is this a bad thing? Will I get caught out ? Will they know? As this pretty much leaves the other pupils who will be in my year as a disadvantage as I’ve already completed mine. I’m overthinking!!! Hope this make sense!
Hey @Maiya-016

There's nothing wrong with familiarising yourself with the course material again. Just be sure to check again when the coursework is reassigned as the assignments might not be exactly the same each year.

Be careful of auto-plagiarism if this is an assignment you have already submitted last year. If you've just written it for the first time and never handed it in then no worries, you're ahead of the game and just getting prepared for the autumn term 👍

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
Reply 2
Also be careful that there is nothing in the assignment to show that it was written before the start of the academic year. Work submitted for assessment should be produced within the academic year.
Reply 3
You should be applauded for being so industrious. No one at uni will get cross at you for reading ahead and preparing your assignments. Note, assignments may change each year to stop second years selling their first-year assignments. Hence the assignments you have already completed would have been good practice but may not be the actual assignments for you when you repeat the year. Even if they are the same, so what, you have not cheated; its all your own work. You have just got ahead of the curve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending