The Student Room Group

How is Accommodation paid for? [Sheffield Hallam]

Is it paid through monthly installments, 3 installments paid throughout the year? What's going on with it.

So, I'm looking to study at Sheffield Hallam University, I have an unconditional offer for Accounting and Finance.

My accommodation will be roughly 4,000 for the year, everything without food included (obviously).

The question I'm asking, is: Must you pay for the entire accommodation when you move in, if so, is it better to get a bank account which supports a large overdraft? Since, I believe my loan will be rougly 3,750. I'll be overdrafting 250 but I can just get a job which would push me to a stable bank account.

Oh, and can you pay your overdraft back midyear? I'm looking to only spend like £5-8 a day - I'm not materialistic, I drink water, don't smoke, don't drink, etc.
Original post by texet
Is it paid through monthly installments, 3 installments paid throughout the year? What's going on with it.

So, I'm looking to study at Sheffield Hallam University, I have an unconditional offer for Accounting and Finance.

My accommodation will be roughly 4,000 for the year, everything without food included (obviously).

The question I'm asking, is: Must you pay for the entire accommodation when you move in, if so, is it better to get a bank account which supports a large overdraft? Since, I believe my loan will be rougly 3,750. I'll be overdrafting 250 but I can just get a job which would push me to a stable bank account.

Oh, and can you pay your overdraft back midyear? I'm looking to only spend like £5-8 a day - I'm not materialistic, I drink water, don't smoke, don't drink, etc.

I have looked on the site and cant find it. You are best off calling them and asking.

https://students.shu.ac.uk/shuspacecontent/accommodation/university-accommodation
Home students I believe will be asked for termly payments that coincide roughly with student loan instalments. So in 3 parts. It should be your priority to pay for your accommodation.

Try and get a job in the summer so you have savings to use.
Original post by texet

Hi @texet

Good luck with starting your course!

So you will pay for your accommodation in 3 installments throughout the year, that coincide with your student loan coming in. Normally it is October, January and April. Depending on your accommodation you'll also pay a deposit - this will vary so check the website for this.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Bridget
Reply 3
How much are the instalments if I say I had applied for Domino House?
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi @texet

Good luck with starting your course!

So you will pay for your accommodation in 3 installments throughout the year, that coincide with your student loan coming in. Normally it is October, January and April. Depending on your accommodation you'll also pay a deposit - this will vary so check the website for this.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Bridget
Original post by texet
How much are the instalments if I say I had applied for Domino House?

Hi @texet

If you ring accommodation on 0114 225 5555 and ask to be put through to accommodation services they will be able to help you with this.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Bridget

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending