The Student Room Group

Am i doing enough revision

Is doing the following enough revision per day if I am aiming for a 7/8 In maths

3 Maths Genie topics, all questions (3 hours)
1 past exam paper (1.5 hours)
reading through flashcards(15 minutes)
(edited 4 years ago)
Specifically for Maths?

Original post by Rizen
Is doing the following enough revision per day if I am aiming for a 8/9?

no
yes
Reply 4
Yes, if not what else should i do?
Original post by lostplot
Specifically for Maths?
Reply 5
What else should I be doing? and how many more hours? I already do about 5 a day
Original post by Reth Sogen
no
much more
Reply 7
How much more?
Original post by Reth Sogen
much more
Reply 8
Original post by Rizen
Is doing the following enough revision per day if I am aiming for a 7/8?

Qaulity > Quantity. If you feel that your current strategy is working effectively, and you're seeing a boost in grade then by all means its enough. However, you could probably push yourself more and focus more on exam style questions, and doing past papers repeatedly.
You do 5 hours a day just on maths? What about your other subjects? Or are you just resitting maths this year or something? I'd say that was far, far too much to be dedicating on one subject. But if you're happy with that - and you're not neglecting other subjects - that's all that matters.

Nobody can tell you how much revision is enough. Some people will get a 9 with no revision, while others will get a 4 or lower with 10 hours a day. We don't know which you are (though you're probably somewhere in the middle!)
fROM DUSK TO DAWN
Reply 11
I do about 1 hour a day on my other subjects but I only need a pass in them, for college I need a 7 in maths, and I was getting 4s in my mocks with no revision, I can understand level 9 questions easily but I just forget how to answer them when it come to exams. Do you think 5 hours is overdoing it?
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
You do 5 hours a day just on maths? What about your other subjects? Or are you just resitting maths this year or something? I'd say that was far, far too much to be dedicating on one subject. But if you're happy with that - and you're not neglecting other subjects - that's all that matters.

Nobody can tell you how much revision is enough. Some people will get a 9 with no revision, while others will get a 4 or lower with 10 hours a day. We don't know which you are (though you're probably somewhere in the middle!)
Reply 12
How would i go about focusing more on exam style question and past papers? I do 1 past paper and around 40-50 (3 Topics) Exam styled questions a day.
Original post by kkboyk
Qaulity > Quantity. If you feel that your current strategy is working effectively, and you're seeing a boost in grade then by all means its enough. However, you could probably push yourself more and focus more on exam style questions, and doing past papers repeatedly.
I feel like people are messing with you here. The best tip i can give you is past papers. Purely work through past paper after another. I remember half my paper was recycled questions. You use the same method. Do past papers and you will start to notice repetitive questions. When you mark them note what you got wrong and revise those topics. Past papers. past papers. past papers. I would say about 3 in a day should be fine. You seem to be doing a lot of revision
Original post by Rizen
Yes, if not what else should i do?

Quick Reply

Latest