The Student Room Group

Ccea history AS Germany?

How did everyone find AS Germany paper today?? Thought 2a and 3b was rlly hard..:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What were the questions? I did this exam a year ago, came out literally gutted I'd ****ed it up and got 50/60 and an A :smile:
Reply 2
Question 1 was development of nazis 1924 to 29 or economy..and 2a was morale/propaganda in WW2 and 2b on hitlers chancelorship. 2a was just sooo awful I didn’t revise the war looool
Original post by ascadia
What were the questions? I did this exam a year ago, came out literally gutted I'd ****ed it up and got 50/60 and an A :smile:
Reply 3
Lol a year on and I have actually no idea what any of that even means, sure you've got it over and done with now though! Are you ready for the next paper? I'm sitting the Russia module on Monday! Thankful to never have to do Germany again though :tongue:
Original post by User4892
Question 1 was development of nazis 1924 to 29 or economy..and 2a was morale/propaganda in WW2 and 2b on hitlers chancelorship. 2a was just sooo awful I didn’t revise the war looool
Reply 4
I know that’s what I’m thinking never again!!! Russia’s not as bad but I havnt started Stalin yet..hoping he will only come up in 1 question so I can avoid it😬 you?
Original post by ascadia
Lol a year on and I have actually no idea what any of that even means, sure you've got it over and done with now though! Are you ready for the next paper? I'm sitting the Russia module on Monday! Thankful to never have to do Germany again though :tongue:
I found it really easy actually! :woo: Before I started writing I made notes around the questions (I chose the development of the Nazis 10 marker!) to aid me when I was responding. I feel like I dropped a tiny bit in the 3B conclusion, mostly due to running out of time after spending 5 minutes trying to get my hearing back lol :s-smilie: (everything just went fuzzy and the ringing got louder, so the usual). I'm taking a break tonight before getting right back into Russia revision for 5 days straight! :danceboy:

I havnt started Stalin yet..hoping he will only come up in 1 question so I can avoid it😬 you?

According to a few history teachers who have spoken to CCEA, they are going to mix the questions up more this year due to teachers complaining that there is only 1 Stalin question at the very end of the paper, so part A could be Lenin and part B could be Stalin. We will see the final outcome on Monday though! :dontknow:
Reply 6
Tbh for the sources it will always feel like you didn’t do well because you didn’t use all your info but you never have time to use most of it aslong as you make a point back it up a bit to show understanding and link it to the question. I think the questions could have been worse.
Reply 7
I'm a bit nervous for Russia tbh, I have another exam the same day I'm absolutely not prepared for so I don't even have a huge amount of time to focus on it!

I know everything roughly since this is my 2nd year having revised the AS content - raging because I didn't sit the exam last year (long story lol) but the questions that came up were ideal - and I'm a bit hairy on statistics/dates etc!

I'm just hoping if I get a middle/high C on it at least that I can come out with a B overall! Best of luck to you both :smile:
Original post by emilynxlan
I found it really easy actually! :woo: Before I started writing I made notes around the questions (I chose the development of the Nazis 10 marker!) to aid me when I was responding. I feel like I dropped a tiny bit in the 3B conclusion, mostly due to running out of time after spending 5 minutes trying to get my hearing back lol :s-smilie: (everything just went fuzzy and the ringing got louder, so the usual). I'm taking a break tonight before getting right back into Russia revision for 5 days straight! :danceboy:

According to a few history teachers who have spoken to CCEA, they are going to mix the questions up more this year due to teachers complaining that there is only 1 Stalin question at the very end of the paper, so part A could be Lenin and part B could be Stalin. We will see the final outcome on Monday though! :dontknow:

I know that’s what I’m thinking never again!!! Russia’s not as bad but I havnt started Stalin yet..hoping he will only come up in 1 question so I can avoid it😬 you?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Nooooooo :frown: 🤕 Stalin content is so hard. Do you think it will come up on 2 questions or all 3 of them ?

Reply 9
Also what content did you include for the 2a?? I put lots about the war failures of 1943 and Hamburg bombing etc but now I think it was a mistake cause it was morale etc.? 😧
Reply 10
Also what content did you include for the 2a?? I put lots about the war failures of 1943 and Hamburg bombing etc but now I think it was a mistake cause it was morale etc.? 😧

I said about the different forms used my goering not only speeches where used. Threw in about that movie he made. And early on German morale was high due to early victories. I too mentioned about the failings of four year plan for total war. And fear from Nazi government of civil unrest as this brought down the 1918 government. Goebells was minister for popular enlightenment etc. Alluded to future policies such as women’s duty year. Lied as the only strategy they ever had was the lighting war which failed early on before source. Tbh I just wrote whatever popped into my head one big splurge
Reply 11
Fs I didn’t include half that. It was such a mess ahhh I just said he was trying to be really patriotic and persuasive etc
Original post by CcatyTt
I said about the different forms used my goering not only speeches where used. Threw in about that movie he made. And early on German morale was high due to early victories. I too mentioned about the failings of four year plan for total war. And fear from Nazi government of civil unrest as this brought down the 1918 government. Goebells was minister for popular enlightenment etc. Alluded to future policies such as women’s duty year. Lied as the only strategy they ever had was the lighting war which failed early on before source. Tbh I just wrote whatever popped into my head one big splurge
Reply 12
Yea they did that too. Aslong as what u said constitutes as contextual knowledge. Could link it to lots of things really What I said there is probably wrong who knows. One of them papers where u just don’t know
Fs I didn’t include half that. It was such a mess ahhh I just said he was trying to be really patriotic and persuasive etc
Reply 13
And i would strongly advise everyone to learn Stalin they will definitely do more than one question for him look at the specimen paper they also put in there EEP that they were changing it . Tbh Find Stalin a lot easier than Lenin’s Russia !
Reply 14
Oh crap I have a lot to learn then. I just get so confused between Lenin and Stalins economy..thanks for the warning tho!!
Original post by CcatyTt
And i would strongly advise everyone to learn Stalin they will definitely do more than one question for him look at the specimen paper they also put in there EEP that they were changing it . Tbh Find Stalin a lot easier than Lenin’s Russia !
Reply 15
Yea ! Economy is the worst. So easy to get mixed up. Hopefully economy q is an avoidable one !
Oh crap I have a lot to learn then. I just get so confused between Lenin and Stalins economy..thanks for the warning tho!!
Original post by CcatyTt

I remember mentioning Blitzkreig, the use of the rhetorical questions to 'rally up' the support from the people and the working hours increasing to try and meet demands.
Reply 17
Yes ! Sounds good !
I remember mentioning Blitzkreig, the use of the rhetorical questions to 'rally up' the support from the people and the working hours increasing to try and meet demands.
Reply 18
Can a question come up on Lenin’s consolidation of power after the Oct rev. Or on his policies after the civil war. They r in the revision guide but I have never seen a question on them.
Reply 19
I highly doubt it..it would be too vague. Usually questions are pretty regular with the Russia module so don’t think it’ll come up. I’m expecting Lenin’s culture to come up, civil war and definitely economy...don’t know what else 😬
Original post by CcatyTt
Can a question come up on Lenin’s consolidation of power after the Oct rev. Or on his policies after the civil war. They r in the revision guide but I have never seen a question on them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending