The Student Room Group

Temporary inhaler, is what I am experiencing normal?

Have had allergies for about 6 years and this year had a lot of colds/flu symptoms since Christmas and 3 weeks back started getting worse leading up to this weekend so severe I was choking at one point and when I got out of bed each morning I had to stand for about 20-30 minutes barely able to breathe so saw doctor on Tuesday and got a temporary inhaler, antibiotics and stronger allergy tablets.

But when I use the salbutamol inhaler my throat gets very dry so means when I do cough I choke badly as can't get breath out, and since this evening when im coughing bringing up a lot of phlem

Either that or the heat today has dried my throat out too much
Original post by drbluebox
Have had allergies for about 6 years and this year had a lot of colds/flu symptoms since Christmas and 3 weeks back started getting worse leading up to this weekend so severe I was choking at one point and when I got out of bed each morning I had to stand for about 20-30 minutes barely able to breathe so saw doctor on Tuesday and got a temporary inhaler, antibiotics and stronger allergy tablets.

But when I use the salbutamol inhaler my throat gets very dry so means when I do cough I choke badly as can't get breath out, and since this evening when im coughing bringing up a lot of phlem

Either that or the heat today has dried my throat out too much

Are you using the inhaler properly? That may be the problem
What you are experiencing doesn't sound like normal side effects to salbutamol.
I'd go to a pharmacy and ask for some advice

Quick Reply

Latest