The Student Room Group

Finally meeting penpal

I was 12 years old when I was playing minecraft, I was playing this server with factions. That is where I met my pen pal and added him on skype. I then started talking to him for awhile, over time we would just game together. My parents even built a rapport with this guy. Six years later we are now going to meet up. I feel quite nervous meeting him, it just feels weird after talking for this long over the internet I am finally gonna meet him in person. Was just wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences and no I’m not gay or am in love with this guy just wanted to talk about this.
Original post by Anonymous
I was 12 years old when I was playing minecraft, I was playing this server with factions. That is where I met my pen pal and added him on skype. I then started talking to him for awhile, over time we would just game together. My parents even built a rapport with this guy. Six years later we are now going to meet up. I feel quite nervous meeting him, it just feels weird after talking for this long over the internet I am finally gonna meet him in person. Was just wondering if anyone else had any similar experiences and no I’m not gay or am in love with this guy just wanted to talk about this.

I started talking to another girl online when I was like 13, she was 18 I think. Her sister was very ill and so was my mum which was why we really bonded. She came to London when I was 18 I think and she met my family etc, we had a great time! It was great to meet after chatting for 5 years. I've been to Amsterdam to visit her loads of times now as well. Both of our families kept joking that we'd both end up meeting old men. Just be safe about it, meet in a very public place and if you don't feel safe then have a getaway plan :-) and stay in touch with your parents throughout the day too.
Reply 2
Oh wow! that’s awesome that you got to visit her a number of times to Amsterdam. My pen pal and I always talked about me going to Sweden to visit him but he moved to Oxford last year and it seemed like the best opportunity to see each other. Also thanks for the tip! I’ll be sure to be safe.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I started talking to another girl online when I was like 13, she was 18 I think. Her sister was very ill and so was my mum which was why we really bonded. She came to London when I was 18 I think and she met my family etc, we had a great time! It was great to meet after chatting for 5 years. I've been to Amsterdam to visit her loads of times now as well. Both of our families kept joking that we'd both end up meeting old men. Just be safe about it, meet in a very public place and if you don't feel safe then have a getaway plan :-) and stay in touch with your parents throughout the day too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending