The Student Room Group

She agreed to meet up with me but still isn't flirting. Is it normal?

I finally asked out this girl 2 days ago for a coffee with whom I had been chatting on Instagram for a month. She was in the same school as me but now we are in different colleges in the same city. She is 19 turning 20 in August and I am 22 now and this is the first time a girl didn't reject or block or ghost me(yeah I never had a gf before, never dated etc). She agreed to meet up but didn't say when and she said she will let me know when we will meet as she is a medical college student in 2nd year so she is quite busy and I am an electronic engineering student in my final semester. I was really happy that finally a girl didn't reject me after I asked her out but actually she is still not flirty with me in the chats and we just chat normally like friends do. We just say about what we did in the day, about classes, what books she read or what she watched in TV and I say the same thing. I do send her virtual hug but she just replies thnx. Is it really normal? Would things get better after we meet up?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I finally asked out this girl 2 days ago for a coffee with whom I had been chatting on Instagram for a month. She was in the same school as me but now we are in different colleges in the same city. She is 19 turning 20 in August and I am 22 now and this is the first time a girl didn't reject or block or ghost me(yeah I never had a gf before, never dated etc). She agreed to meet up but didn't say when and she said she will let me know when we will meet as she is a medical college student in 2nd year so she is quite busy and I am an electronic engineering student in my final semester. I was really happy that finally a girl didn't reject me after I asked her out but actually she is still not flirty with me in the chats and we just chat normally like friends do. We just say about what we did in the day, about classes, what books she read or what she watched in TV and I say the same thing. I do send her virtual hug but she just replies thnx. Is it really normal? Would things get better after we meet up?

When you guys do meet up for coffee just see how it goes, I mean I’m not very good at asking a girl out on a date either. Look if things don’t work out at least you guys can still mates.
Reply 2
Yes, it's normal, because not everyone is flirty. What are you expecting her to do?

Nothing wrong with having conversations about everyday things. That's actually better than the whole mirroring, hair-twirling, giving too many compliments thing as it gives you an insight into their real character and not a fake show.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending