The Student Room Group

2019 UCAS Clearing and Adjustment FAQs

Back by popular demand is our FAQ for Results and Clearing for 2019! Here are some of the most common questions asked by students on TSR each year. From Clearing basics (what it is and how to apply), to troubleshooting and changing your mind, we’ve compiled a list of popular questions and answers.

New for 2019 - Applicants can now place themselves in Clearing!
There are some key changes to the process for 2019 applicants - the biggest of which being that if you no longer wish to attend the university you have been placed with, you may now place yourself in Clearing. This bypasses the need to contact universities to request them to place you in Clearing - a process which historically caused huge delays and stress to applicants. You can do this through UCAS track, however be careful, as once you’ve placed yourself in clearing, your other offers cease to exist. You can find a full FAQ on the self-release process here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6018164

Have a question that isn’t answered here? Post in the thread and our UCAS trained Clearing and Applications Advisers will do their best to help!

Clearing - What is it and how does it work?
Clearing is essentially a way to access university for those who did not apply in the main cycle or for those who do not hold any offers.

During Clearing, you are able to directly contact universities to see if they have a place available on a course you wish to access. Generally, this is done by phone (although some universities are utilising social media too). You can search for available vacancies via the UCAS website, make a list of universities you think you may be interested in and then give them a call.

Universities can then make you a verbal offer. Once you have this, you can enter it into your UCAS Track. On Results Day, this can be done from 3pm - this allows you to call several universities and gives you some time to consider your options. Universities will often give you a time period to enter your choice on Track - they don’t want to hold places for people who may not be interested. Once you’ve submitted the choice on Track, the university will then formally accept your place.

Who is eligible for Clearing?
Essentially, anyone who does not have an offer of a place. This might be because you applied directly to clearing, because you were rejected by your choices or if you asked a university you were placed with to put you in clearing.

In order to be eligible you need a current application in the 18/19 UCAS cycle and to have paid the full £24 fee. You also need to have a Clearing number (sometimes referred to as a Clearing ID).

Is Clearing only for unpopular courses? What about Law and Medicine?
There is a common misconception that Clearing is only for courses where there weren’t enough applicants. Courses may be in Clearing for many reasons, such as not enough applicants meeting the minimum entry requirements, applicants performing poorly at interview, or poor advertising of the course.

In recent years, we’ve seen places for Law, for example, at some very popular universities. We’ve also seen Medicine in Clearing too!

Will universities reduce their entry requirements in Clearing?
Potentially. Some do, some don’t. Some have the option to be more flexible depending on the strength of the rest of your application. There really isn’t any way to predict whether entry requirements will fall, and, if so, by how much. Grade requirements may also change as Clearing progresses.

For courses with requirements for GCSE English and Maths at a particular grade, these are highly unlikely to be lowered.

What is a Clearing number?
A Clearing number or Clearing ID is a number which appears on your Track once you no longer hold offers. You need this number in order to process your Clearing application. When you speak to universities, you will need to provide this number in order for them to find your application.

Will universities speak to me without a clearing number?
They may or may not. Universities might be able to give you limited informal information, however generally they will require you to have a Clearing number in order to give you a formal verbal offer.

How do I contact universities to get an offer in Clearing?
Clearing is quite different to the main UCAS process in that it works based on verbal offers. The onus is on the applicant to contact universities, obtain a verbal offer (or multiple verbal offers if they wish) and then choose one offer to enter onto UCAS Track, which the university will then confirm. The applicant needs to search clearing vacancies, identify universities and then contact them directly to open a dialogue.

Will a university have places for my course in clearing?
Clearing vacancies are published from 5th July 2019 only on the UCAS website. You can search for Clearing vacancies here: https://digital.ucas.com/search.

Clearing vacancies change all the time - what is available on the 5th of July is likely to be very different from what is available after Results Day, for example.

What do I say when I call the universities?
You simply need to say that you are interested in X course and were wondering if they had any places available. You will likely then be asked to provide your Clearing number/ID so that the university can access your application.

Universities might ask you to confirm personal details or academic results, so it’s a good idea to have a transcript of your results to hand. The operator will guide you in terms of any information they require from you.

You should always take a note of the name of the person you spoke to and any important information, so keep a pen and paper handy!

Can I call as many universities as I like?
Of course! It’s a good idea to consider all of your available options. There is no limit to the number of verbal offers you can hold, although you can only add one choice on UCAS Track. It’s a good idea to prioritise the universities you want to go to most, as these offers are on a first-come-first-served basis, and obviously if you decide you no longer want a place at a university, it’s a good idea to let them know so that that place can be offered to someone else.

Can I call a university which hasn’t advertised any clearing vacancies for my course?
Yes, however it’s unlikely they will have places. Universities do, occasionally, operate internal clearing lists for very popular courses, or courses where there may only be one or two places (which therefore aren’t worth advertising).

If there is a particular course or university you have your heart set on then it may be worth a try, however you should be aware it’s very likely you will be disappointed.

Do I need a new personal statement?
Universities you apply to in Clearing will see your original UCAS application. If you are applying for a different course, you can ask explain this to the university and ask if they would be willing to consider an additional statement. Obviously, you would need to have this prepared in advance.

I’ve got a verbal offer - now what do I do?
Once you’ve secured a verbal offer, you can enter it into UCAS Track. This is your formal submission of your offer. You absolutely must make sure you enter this offer within the timeframe stated by the university - failure to do so can mean you lose your place.

When can I enter a clearing choice on track?
If you already have your exam results, you can enter a choice as soon as Clearing opens. If you have results to collect on Results Day, you won’t be able to enter a choice until 3pm that day. This gives you time to look at your options, call some universities and make a decision. You can only enter one choice in Track - so you need to make sure it’s the right one!

I’ve changed my mind or added the wrong choice in Track - help!
You’ll need to contact that university and explain the mistake, and ask them to put you back into Clearing. Be aware that this can take some time - universities are more likely to prioritise people who actually want to attend! It’s a good idea to ask what their timescale for this is, and also to contact the university you actually want to go to in order to make them aware of the delay.

Will I need to attend an interview?
It’s unlikely. Most universities don’t have the capacity/facility to hold interviews during Clearing. There are, however, some exceptions to this.

For healthcare courses (Nursing, Midwifery, Medicine etc.), you may need to attend an interview. Often universities are required to interview prospective students as part of the requirements of their professional regulatory body.

For Art and Design courses, you will usually be required to send over a web-based portfolio before being given an offer. It’s therefore really important that you’ve had a look at portfolio guidelines beforehand and have one prepared.

Performing arts courses may require provision of a video audition (usually pre-recorded). It’s a good idea to have a selection of monologues, music or choreography as appropriate prepared.

Troubleshooting - When things don’t quite go to plan...
Anything that happens outside of the ‘normal’ UCAS process has the potential for issues to occur. By following the advice above, you should limit the chances of any problems, however things unfortunately still do go wrong on occasion. The process is human, and mistakes can be made on both the side of the applicant and the university. Here’s how to deal with them.

Can I be rejected after I’ve entered the choice on Track?
Yes - there are two main reasons why this may happen. The first is failing to obtain a verbal offer before adding the choice. The university won’t accept someone they have never heard of. If you’ve done this, you would need to contact the university to explain. The second reason is that you have failed to add the choice by the deadline specified by the university at the time of the offer.

If you do find you have been rejected and can’t work out why, it’s important that you contact the university as soon as possible to find out why.

I accepted a Clearing offer, but I’ve changed my mind. What do I do?
Once you have accepted a verbal offer and added it to UCAS Track, you are committed to that offer to some degree, so it’s important you are sure about your choice before entering it.

If you definitely do not wish to attend that university, you would need to contact them and request that they place you back in Clearing. The university is under no obligation to do this quickly, so if you have another university in mind, ensure that they are happy to wait.

I have been accepted into my firm/insurance but I’ve seen something I love in Clearing. Can I apply?
Firstly, you would need to call the university in Clearing to see if the place is still available and get a preliminary idea of whether they would accept you.

You then would need to contact the university you hold a place with to ask them to place you into Clearing. The university is under no obligation to do this at any particular speed (they’re likely to prioritise those who do want to attend!) so it’s important that you get an idea of their timescale and ensure your new university is willing to wait that amount of time.

Your other (quicker) option which is new for 2019 is to use UCAS Track to place yourself in Clearing. You can do this by following the ‘Decline my place’ option on Track and filling in the form. If you're interested in this route, check out our self-release FAQ here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6018164

Once you have been placed into Clearing, you can follow the normal Clearing process of adding the choice to your UCAS track. Do be aware that there is risk associated with this - if your original university takes a long time to put you into Clearing then you may lose your new offer. Be aware that UCAS are often unable to assist with this.

I have been accepted by my firm but I now want to go to my insurance?
You would need to follow the same steps as above, as once you have met the conditions of your firm choice, your insurance offer ceases to exist. You would need to contact the insurance choice to see if they still have places and would be willing to consider you.

I’m waiting for a decision from my firm/insurance, but I've found a course I like in clearing, what do I do?
You can call your firm/insurance to let them know you no longer want to be considered so that they can record an unsuccessful decision and then you can be placed in Clearing.

Unlike asking to be placed in Clearing when you hold an offer, UCAS will normally be able to help you out in this situation if you are having trouble with delays from your original university.

I’m worried about accommodation. Won’t it all be taken by the time I apply?
This is something it’s important to discuss with universities at the time when you are given a verbal offer. Some universities may have places in their own accommodation, others may not. Some universities can offer you additional support if you are accepted in Clearing to secure private accommodation.

Generally it’s unlikely you would be stuck without any accommodation at all - even if what is available would not be your first choice.

What is Adjustment and how does it work?

Adjustment is different to Clearing, in that it is aimed at people who have exceeded the conditions of their offer and would like to try to go to a better university.

Who is eligible for Adjustment?
Adjustment is designed for people who have met all the conditions of their firm offer and exceeded at least one. So, if your offer is ABB and your get AAB, you would eligible. If you get A*A*C you would not be eligible, as you haven’t met all of your conditions.

What if I have an unconditional offer before Results Day?
If you hold an unconditional offer before getting your results, regardless of the previous conditions of your offer, you will not be eligible for adjustment. This is because once your offer becomes unconditional, you have no conditions to meet or exceed.

When can I apply and how long do I have?
Adjustment works quite differently to Clearing, in that you have only 5 days to ‘trade up’ to a different university. Adjustment ends strictly on 31st August, so if, for any reason, your results are delayed, you may end up with fewer than 5 days.

If you are eligible for adjustment, you can select the button on UCAS Track and this starts your 5 day timer.

How do I find a place?
Unlike Clearing, there is no advertised list of Adjustment places. You find a place by calling universities, however, it is the university which adds your choice to UCAS Track, not you. Once you’ve been verbally accepted, most universities will require written confirmation from you that you wish to accept the place (usually via email) prior to entering your choice on Track. You should never allow a university to amend your Track unless you are 100% sure you want to do there.

What if I don’t like any of the other universities or don’t secure a place?
There is no risk whatsoever - you hold onto your original offer throughout the process. If you don’t like another university, or you don’t get accepted then you simply wait out the rest of the 5 days and automatically revert to your original offer.

A university added an Adjustment place to my track, but I’ve changed my mind. What do I do?
As with Clearing, any offers you accept through Adjustment are intended to be final. Once your Adjustment offer has been added to track by the new university, your original offer ceases to exist. If you really don’t want to go there, you could ask the Adjustment university to place you into Clearing, however this can entail a delay and may mean you are without a place entirely.

Can I call a university about a course that is not advertised as having Clearing spaces?
Yes. Some universities will accept students through Adjustment even if they don’t have Clearing vacancies. You may ring up and find they don’t have any vacancies, but it is usually worth a call.
Sometimes universities will state on their website that they are not accepting students from Adjustment or that a particular course is completely full, so it’s worth checking websites before you call.

Help - I clicked the button for Adjustment to see what happens but I don't want to go anywhere else! What do I do?
Don't panic - a lot of applicants do this (the button appears for everyone who has their firm offer changed from conditional to unconditional - even if they didn't meet or exceed their firm offer conditions).

Your firm choice will be notified that you've clicked the button, but as long as you don't speak to any universities about going elsewhere then you'll stay with your firm choice. Your firm choice won’t be offended by this and you don’t need to contact them - this happens all the time!

Have a question we didn't answer? Need more information? Post below and one of our UCAS Clearing and Applications Advisers will do their best to help!
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by SomMC1
Good luck to everyone going through Clearing and Adjustment. We will get through it together. ❤❤

(Thank you for this post)

There will be us TSRians around with a red banner underneath our username that says 'Clearing and Adjustment Adviser' nearer to results day for A-Level, BTEC and IB students so we'll be around to help. Personally, I'm collecting my A-Level results this year and I hope I did alright. Good luck to you btw. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
There will be us TSRians around with a red banner underneath our username that says 'Clearing and Adjustment Adviser' nearer to results day for A-Level, BTEC and IB students so we'll be around to help. Personally, I'm collecting my A-Level results this year and I hope I did alright. Good luck to you btw. :smile:

Good luck to you too! I remember you from way back in the days on TSR :wink: good to see some old faces on here again. Good luck!!
Reply 3
Original post by SomMC1
Good luck to you too! I remember you from way back in the days on TSR :wink: good to see some old faces on here again. Good luck!!

Thanks. I'm usually around on TSR so it's quite hard to miss me around the forum I guess. :biggrin:
If someone doesn't get to their insurance choice, but their insurance choice offers the same course through clearing, can the person call them to see if they can get into the course through clearing?
Original post by namelessfeelsx
If someone doesn't get to their insurance choice, but their insurance choice offers the same course through clearing, can the person call them to see if they can get into the course through clearing?

If Track says rejected then it’s highly unlikely that the university will accept those grades in clearing. Universities will prioritise firm and insurance applicants over clearing applicants. They will normally accept slightly lower grades from firm/insurance applicants as they know that extra commitment means that they’re more likely to succeed than someone with the same grades who didn’t consider that university before clearing
I have flopped m A-levels and definitely missed my first choice and probably narrowly missed my insurance which is BSC Economics at Manchester (AAB with A in Maths) I am almost certain my grades are A* B B in Spanish Maths and Econ respectively. Given these grades, what are the chances Manchester will still give me an offer for the said course or an alternative offer for a related course? (most other economics courses such as BA Economics and Economics and Finance dont require an A in maths, just AAB in general). I have looked on the UCAS course search and apparently it says that BSC Economics and Economics and Finance both have vacancies. In addition, if I were to apply through clearing, would Universities review my personal statement? Both my academic and sporting extra-curricular activities are exceptional (too bad my grades aren't anymore), however I am not sure how to make the Universities aware of this if I were to phone them.

Any feedback/opinions are much appreciated, Thanks
Original post by Btarhon2001
I have flopped m A-levels and definitely missed my first choice After being predicted A* A* A (lol what a disaster), and probably narrowly missed my insurance which is BSC Economics at Manchester (AAB with A in Maths) I am almost certain my grades are A* B B in Spanish Maths and Econ respectively. Given these grades, what are the chances Manchester will still give me an offer for the said course or an alternative offer for a related course? (most other economics courses such as BA Economics and Economics and Finance dont require an A in maths, just AAB in general). I have looked on the UCAS course search and apparently it says that BSC Economics and Economics and Finance both have vacancies.

In addition, if I were to apply through clearing, would Universities review my personal statement? Both my academic and sporting extra-curricular activities are exceptional (too bad my grades aren't anymore), however I am not sure how to make the Universities aware of this if I were to phone them.

Any feedback/opinions are much appreciated

Thanks

its possible they could give you an alternative course offer but its going to depend on how everyone else did on results day. the ucas search doesn't have up to date clearing vacancies until friday. Universities can see your personal statement once you give them your clearing number.
Original post by Btarhon2001
I have flopped m A-levels and definitely missed my first choice and probably narrowly missed my insurance which is BSC Economics at Manchester (AAB with A in Maths) I am almost certain my grades are A* B B in Spanish Maths and Econ respectively. Given these grades, what are the chances Manchester will still give me an offer for the said course or an alternative offer for a related course? (most other economics courses such as BA Economics and Economics and Finance dont require an A in maths, just AAB in general). I have looked on the UCAS course search and apparently it says that BSC Economics and Economics and Finance both have vacancies. In addition, if I were to apply through clearing, would Universities review my personal statement? Both my academic and sporting extra-curricular activities are exceptional (too bad my grades aren't anymore), however I am not sure how to make the Universities aware of this if I were to phone them.

Any feedback/opinions are much appreciated, Thanks

It's impossible to really predict whether either university will still offer you a place. Your grades are pretty close to your offer, so it's not outwith the realms of possibility that the university might choose to accept you anyway, however the chances of this really depend on the quantity/quality of other applicants and whether the university thinks they can fill your place with someone who does meet the requirements - something which isn't possible to predict, and which you won't know the answer to until you get your results on Results Day.

Clearing doesn't open until Friday 5th, so this is when vacancies will be available (and up to date). Don't panic if these change between now and Results Day - often more spaces become available on Results Day as people will miss their offers or decide to go elsewhere.

If you do end up going through Clearing, the university will look at your results, your whole UCAS application including PS and reference and make a decision. Clearing is slightly different in that you are applying over the phone, so you do get the opportunity to sell yourself a little more. Once you provide them with your Clearing number, they can access your whole application.
Does medicine go into adjustment? I know sometimes it goes into clearing (but rarely), but does anyone know if it goes into adjustment?

(Tags: )
Original post by AlevelMBC
Does medicine go into adjustment? I know sometimes it goes into clearing (but rarely), but does anyone know if it goes into adjustment?

(Tags: @ecolier)

Given that you'd probably need an interview (which you'd have to complete within 5 days) then I'd be surprised.
Hey everyone!
I need some help or advice or anything really.
(I need to have 5 subject grades overall, not 3 as A-levels.
5 (best) -> A, 4 -> B, 3 -> C, 2 -> D, 1 -> F )

First of all, I'm an EU student, I applied to study at Uni of Leeds Computer Science (firm choice). I got a conditional offer of 5,5,5,5,4 (AAB), but then they lowered it to 5,5,5,4,4 (ABB). They said I need to achieve these grades with 5 in Computing with 80%. Well, at the end I overachieved and got 5,5,5,5,5 but Computing was only 77% and they rejected me because of that 3%.
I really don't know what to do now, since I really wanted to go there not only because it is (was) my dream uni, but because I asked them about a scholarship and they said I needed to achieve a first and then sent me the equivalent of that which is 5,5,5,5,5 and that means I am still eligible for that 1000£ scholarship (that's what I was aiming for in the first place since I'm coming from a low/average income family).
I have a conditional (conditional because I haven't sent my results to them yet, but I'm sure I'd get in) offer at another uni which was my insurance choice. They only asked for 4,4,4,4,4 (BBB) and I clearly overachieved here as well.

My first question is can I use adjusment as an EU student? The second is should I use it? Is it worth it?
I cannot risk rejecting the other uni and enter into clearing. It is too unsure and I cannot risk not going to uni, gap year is a no go for me. (for UK/EU students the course is full and heavily oversubscribed, the uni told me and there is no Clearing place for the CS course atm only for internationals)

Another thing which might be important. During the Computing exam my computer stopped working and the teachers were trying to fix it with no luck and it took 30 minutes of my time and I had to sit to another computer. After I finished the exam and saw the results I assumed they did not correct my programming task correctly, since it was really low. They "forgot" to give me +18 points (out of 45 points) lol. not 1 or 2 which would be understandable because well we're humans and make mistakes etc etc. No, it was 18 points so I had to appeal and they gave me +16 points at the end, but I cannot appeal twice so that was my final result and I am still not sure until this day if I got the right result at the end. So overall, I had a really ****ed up situation during and after the exam which affected my result, I believe. I don't know if I should tell the uni about this or if they even care about it at all.

Sorry for this loooong post, but I thought if I ask for advice you should all know the whole situation and why I'm confused and disappointed.
Any advice or suggestion is very much appreciated, thank you in advance :smile:
Original post by AlevelMBC

(Tags: @ecolier)

As others have said it is rare, unis might not advertise the places on clearing as they would receive far more demand than spaces so you are better off ringing the unis for things like medicine rather than relying solely on clearing as they may have a small number of places they havent advertised.
Original post by screwballll
Hey everyone!
I need some help or advice or anything really.
(I need to have 5 subject grades overall, not 3 as A-levels.
5 (best) -> A, 4 -> B, 3 -> C, 2 -> D, 1 -> F )

First of all, I'm an EU student, I applied to study at Uni of Leeds Computer Science (firm choice). I got a conditional offer of 5,5,5,5,4 (AAB), but then they lowered it to 5,5,5,4,4 (ABB). They said I need to achieve these grades with 5 in Computing with 80%. Well, at the end I overachieved and got 5,5,5,5,5 but Computing was only 77% and they rejected me because of that 3%.
I really don't know what to do now, since I really wanted to go there not only because it is (was) my dream uni, but because I asked them about a scholarship and they said I needed to achieve a first and then sent me the equivalent of that which is 5,5,5,5,5 and that means I am still eligible for that 1000£ scholarship (that's what I was aiming for in the first place since I'm coming from a low/average income family).
I have a conditional (conditional because I haven't sent my results to them yet, but I'm sure I'd get in) offer at another uni which was my insurance choice. They only asked for 4,4,4,4,4 (BBB) and I clearly overachieved here as well.

My first question is can I use adjusment as an EU student? The second is should I use it? Is it worth it?
I cannot risk rejecting the other uni and enter into clearing. It is too unsure and I cannot risk not going to uni, gap year is a no go for me. (for UK/EU students the course is full and heavily oversubscribed, the uni told me and there is no Clearing place for the CS course atm only for internationals)

Another thing which might be important. During the Computing exam my computer stopped working and the teachers were trying to fix it with no luck and it took 30 minutes of my time and I had to sit to another computer. After I finished the exam and saw the results I assumed they did not correct my programming task correctly, since it was really low. They "forgot" to give me +18 points (out of 45 points) lol. not 1 or 2 which would be understandable because well we're humans and make mistakes etc etc. No, it was 18 points so I had to appeal and they gave me +16 points at the end, but I cannot appeal twice so that was my final result and I am still not sure until this day if I got the right result at the end. So overall, I had a really ****ed up situation during and after the exam which affected my result, I believe. I don't know if I should tell the uni about this or if they even care about it at all.

Sorry for this loooong post, but I thought if I ask for advice you should all know the whole situation and why I'm confused and disappointed.
Any advice or suggestion is very much appreciated, thank you in advance :smile:
Okay, just to clear things up, do you have confirmed rejection from your firm university? If you really want to go there have you called them to ask to reconsider (not sure it will work but give it a go) based on the exceded grades and how close you were to 80%?

Secondly have you applied through UCAS? And what does track show for you currently?

Send your results to your insurance university if the firm choice reinforces the rejection.

If you've applied through UCAS you should be eligible for adjustment regardless of where you've come from. I think it is worth it with the grades you have.

I'm sorry to hear about the exam and what went wrong. :frown: Unfortunately as you've been compensated for it with +16 I don't think a university is going to alter its decision based on a 2 mark difference for a qualification that can't be changed further. If you were still pending this appeal it might be different.
Original post by 04MR17
Okay, just to clear things up, do you have confirmed rejection from your firm university? If you really want to go there have you called them to ask to reconsider (not sure it will work but give it a go) based on the exceded grades and how close you were to 80%?

Secondly have you applied through UCAS? And what does track show for you currently?

Send your results to your insurance university if the firm choice reinforces the rejection.

If you've applied through UCAS you should be eligible for adjustment regardless of where you've come from. I think it is worth it with the grades you have.

I'm sorry to hear about the exam and what went wrong. :frown: Unfortunately as you've been compensated for it with +16 I don't think a university is going to alter its decision based on a 2 mark difference for a qualification that can't be changed further. If you were still pending this appeal it might be different.

Sorry, I forgot to mention. Yes, I applied through UCAS and yes, it shows that they rejected me and now my insurance choice is my firm choice.
I called the uni and they said the course is full. I guess that is why they could not be lenient at all. I didn't try to convince them tho I was in shock tbh and just ended the call quickly after they told me they really rejected me because of that 3%.

One thing is unclear for me. Do I need to have an unconditional in order to use Adjustment or is it enough if I have my conditional offer as it is? Should I send the insurance choice uni my results? I read that if I have the unconditional offer I only have 14 days to change my mind about it in UCAS (later it'll be less easier as I have to call the uni and maybe UCAS as well) that is why I did not want to send them my results yet, I was not sure if there will be any changes later on.
Sorry, I forgot to mention. Yes, I applied through UCAS and yes, it shows that they rejected me and now my insurance choice is my firm choice.
I called the uni and they said the course is full. I guess that is why they could not be lenient at all. I didn't try to convince them tho I was in shock tbh and just ended the call quickly after they told me they really rejected me because of that 3%.

One thing is unclear for me. Do I need to have an unconditional in order to use Adjustment or is it enough if I have my conditional offer as it is? Should I send the insurance choice uni my results? I read that if I have the unconditional offer I only have 14 days to change my mind about it in UCAS (later it'll be less easier as I have to call the uni and maybe UCAS as well) that is why I did not want to send them my results yet, I was not sure if there will be any changes later on.
I believe in order to enter adjustment you must have an unconditional, firmed offer. So when you send your results to your insurance they will set your status on track to unconditional firm. Then thebutton for adjustment will appear and you have 5 days to secure a place.

Send your insurance the results yes.
I'm not sure what you mean by changes. Are you pending any remarks or changes to your grades? If not I can't see what changes might occur for you to want to wait before triggering the 14 days.

You cannot use adjustment as you did not meet your original firm offer. Exceeding your insurance offer or partially exceeding your firm offer but failing to meet one of the conditions doesn't make you eligible for adjustment.

You need to send your results to your insurance if you want to go there. If you want to apply elsewhere in clearing then you can either send them your results and place yourself into clearing or just ask your insurance to place you into clearing.
Original post by PQ
You cannot use adjustment as you did not meet your original firm offer. Exceeding your insurance offer or partially exceeding your firm offer but failing to meet one of the conditions doesn't make you eligible for adjustment.

You need to send your results to your insurance if you want to go there. If you want to apply elsewhere in clearing then you can either send them your results and place yourself into clearing or just ask your insurance to place you into clearing.

Oh yeah right. I missed the “original firm” part that’s what caused the misunderstanding.
Thank you for enlightening me. :smile:
Hi, I understand you have IB and you got your Uni. Did you change your course? What if more uni comes in clearing after the A level results? Thanks
I want to change the course I want to do but both of my insurance and firm universities don’t do this course what should I do?

Latest

Trending

Trending