The Student Room Group

So these are my year 10 mock grades...

Hey everyone, so in September I was hoping to apply to some of the good schools in the area, was hoping to go for private ones. But, well, my year 10 mock grades are as follows:
Religion: 85% which was a 7, school refuses to give higher than 7 on report anyway

History: 74% which was an 8
Geography: 98% which was an 8+ (again they refused to give 9)
Maths: 92% and 87% which was an 8, I am also doing the maths FSMQ but I totally flopped the paper and for standard they refused to give a 9
French: 95% which was a 9
Spanish: 99% which was an 8 as they refuse to give a 9
English: 86% which was a 8-
And so you see the above are mostly ok while the percentages are crap the grades are fine
But then combined science was a total disaster and they gave us a really hard paper for all three
And i got a 7 in bio with 62% but i got a 6 in physics with 53%
I will get chem back tomorrow but that was just the worst exam by far and will most likely be below 50 so i am worried my grade may be below a 6 which would mean the grade on my report would be a 6-6 or max a 6-7 if a do surprisingly well.
I’m worried this may completely ruin my application and i had plans to try for Westminster and St Pauls girls and other schools as such
Do i even have a chance at this point?
I want to do Spanish, Maths, Geography and History A level but I am worried I may have just ruined it for myself. And i mean everyone did really bad in the science papers and they were made ridiculously hard so I don’t know if I should even bother anymore.

Please help me someoneeeee :frown:
Reply 1
Contact the schools in question and explain it like you have above - that your school refuses to give top grades but you have the percentages.
I get that that is an option but the ones I am worried about are just the science ones, and officially they did give the top grades, i just didn’t achieve them, and literally nobody achieved them because the test was impossible so...yeah i don’t know if that makes sense but i can’t really do that
Original post by Purdy7
Contact the schools in question and explain it like you have above - that your school refuses to give top grades but you have the percentages.
Reply 3
The thing is if everyone got low grades then they will open up their rules on taking only the top grades. It's well worth asking, as you never know. If they were really impressed with you, they may well give you a chance. If you don't ask, you don't know and may loose an opportunity.

It's not only the grades they look for, but personality and showing your a dedicated student, which you have shown with your other subjects.
Mhm yeah I guess, thank you :smile:
Original post by Purdy7
The thing is if everyone got low grades then they will open up their rules on taking only the top grades. It's well worth asking, as you never know. If they were really impressed with you, they may well give you a chance. If you don't ask, you don't know and may loose an opportunity.

It's not only the grades they look for, but personality and showing your a dedicated student, which you have shown with your other subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest