The Student Room Group

How many subjects a day in Year 10?

Hi, I'm going in Year 10 and I'm wondering how many subject folders I could be bringing a day to decide what bag to get.

I'm doing German, Home Economics, Geography, History, RE, English language, Maths, Further Maths and Double Award Science.

Thanks
Original post by Samantha04:)
Hi, I'm going in Year 10 and I'm wondering how many subject folders I could be bringing a day to decide what bag to get.

I'm doing German, Home Economics, Geography, History, RE, English language, Maths, Further Maths and Double Award Science.

Thanks

Are these like folders to put in work and books and stuff at school? (you sound really organised)
Hi there, it mainly depends on the school. At mine, we had five subjects a day. At home I had six folders, and in a week I usually took four of those to school. For maths I had two folders; one for past papers and then notes.

I’m studying:
-Maths
-Science
-English language
-English literature
-History
-Geography
-Health and social

Do you have a locker you can keep them in at school?
Yeah- you just put all your stuff for your subject in the one folder.

I don't really think I'm that organized tbh everyone uses folders for every subject at my school 😅🤷
Have a folder for each subject, and bring the folders for the lessons that you have each day. Having folders is organised, I used to put stuff into my bag, and had like a tower of school stuff in my room, which is not as organised.
Original post by Hazzabear
Hi there, it mainly depends on the school. At mine, we had five subjects a day. At home I had six folders, and in a week I usually took four of those to school. For maths I had two folders; one for past papers and then notes.

I’m studying:
-Maths
-Science
-English language
-English literature
-History
-Geography
-Health and social

Do you have a locker you can keep them in at school?

Ok, thanks. Also, did you have a lot of stuff in your folder for history and geography?

I'm moving sites this year and honestly the doors on the lockers at the new site could be kicked off 🙄
Original post by fish finger fan
Have a folder for each subject, and bring the folders for the lessons that you have each day. Having folders is organised, I used to put stuff into my bag, and had like a tower of school stuff in my room.

I guess I'm organised then. tbh I only use folders because I'd lose the books if I didn't have them all in folders
Original post by Samantha04:)
Ok, thanks. Also, did you have a lot of stuff in your folder for history and geography?

I'm moving sites this year and honestly the doors on the lockers at the new site could be kicked off 🙄

I had a lot of stuff for geography! For geography I used both a folder and then books for additional notes in the lesson due to the folder becoming full.

History was more manageable to an extent, I held all my past papers in a stack at home. And then everything would fit into my folder. What topics are you doing within history? And how are you finding it?
Original post by Hazzabear
I had a lot of stuff for geography! For geography I used both a folder and then books for additional notes in the lesson due to the folder becoming full.

History was more manageable to an extent, I held all my past papers in a stack at home. And then everything would fit into my folder. What topics are you doing within history? And how are you finding it?

I do CCEA (northern Irish board) so I'm going to be doing the troubles in Northern Ireland in the late 20th Century and America in the 20th Century and the Cold War!

Obviously I haven't started it yet as I'm not in school yet but I've looked at the spec and some past papers and I think it looks manageable. (touch wood)

History's always been my favourite subject so I think it won't be hard to put the effort in, anyway
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest