The Student Room Group

RBS 2019 Graduate Scheme

Hi all,
Having graduated this year, I was just looking for employment opportunities, and came across at RBS that was very much in line with the career path I want to pursue.
However I’m unsure as to whether the graduate scheme I’ve looked at has already closed its applications for this year?
If so, does anyone know when they open for 2020?
Thanks in advance!
Hi

I've moved this to our grad jobs section where you should hopefully be able to get some useful advice.

If the company's website is unclear about whether they're still accepting applications for a grad scheme, then there's usually no harm in emailing the company to ask your questions- but do make sure the information isn't easily available on their website before you do, as otherwise you won't make a great first impression!
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Hi

I've moved this to our grad jobs section where you should hopefully be able to get some useful advice.

If the company's website is unclear about whether they're still accepting applications for a grad scheme, then there's usually no harm in emailing the company to ask your questions- but do make sure the information isn't easily available on their website before you do, as otherwise you won't make a great first impression!

Gotcha! I’ve checked their website, and it says you can register interest for 2020 schemes (which I have) but am unsure if the application for these schemes opens in September 2019! 5E23F2AF-9824-4139-B819-287441D67253.jpg.jpeg
Don’t want to seem unprofessional so thank you for the advice, just hoping I haven’t missed the opportunity!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by MonjurC
Gotcha! I’ve checked their website, and it says you can register interest for 2020 schemes (which I have) but am unsure if the application for these schemes opens in September 2019! 5E23F2AF-9824-4139-B819-287441D67253.jpg.jpeg
Don’t want to seem unprofessional so thank you for the advice, just hoping I haven’t missed the opportunity!

No worries!

From looking at that page, it does look like they don't have any 2019 programs with vacancies anymore, so I think you'd be looking at applying for 2020.

However, I'm sure there are other banks with similar programs so it's worth looking around to see what else is out there!
Reply 4
Original post by SarcAndSpark
No worries!

From looking at that page, it does look like they don't have any 2019 programs with vacancies anymore, so I think you'd be looking at applying for 2020.

However, I'm sure there are other banks with similar programs so it's worth looking around to see what else is out there!

Sure, will do!
And yep! I’m just not sure if I’d be applying in September 2019, to get/complete the process by 2020!
But I’ll keep an eye out, and I’ve registered my interest so will keep searching!

Many Thanks for your help Sarc!
Original post by MonjurC
Sure, will do!
And yep! I’m just not sure if I’d be applying in September 2019, to get/complete the process by 2020!
But I’ll keep an eye out, and I’ve registered my interest so will keep searching!

Many Thanks for your help Sarc!

Good luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest