The Student Room Group

UK and Australian universities and low AS level results

depressed about low AS level results CDDE I want to do medicine more than anything at Swansea should I rewrite.
Original post by ChxaChi
depressed about low AS level results CDDE I want to do medicine more than anything at Swansea should I rewrite.

do you think you could realistically get those to A's and then applying in a gap year?
Reply 2
I got a CDDE in my AS should I rewrite because I still want to do medicine no matter what at Swansea or Melbourne or Adelaide
Reply 3
Yes I actually do maybe not an A in Math but a B or C
Reply 4
If you work your socks off and actually get to grasp with the course content, you will most likely get the grades you are looking for.

One problem though, don't most universities state that you have to get your grades in a certain time period (aka they don't count resists)?
yh
Reply 6
What if I repeat the academic year I think they allow that at most
Hi. A101 Medicine at Swansea is for graduate applicants only. Your AS results will not be of any great interest by that time. What you will need is a 2(1) in any subject plus GCSE Maths, and English or Welsh.

I'm afraid I don't know the requirements for Adelaide or Melbourne, although it is important that your qualifications are competitive with the South Australia or Victoria school leaving certificates respectively.

If your AS units form part of your overall A-level grades, then by all means resit them next year alongside your A2 units. Otherwise just view them as a stepping stone mid way through your Sixth Form studies.
Original post by claireestelle
do you think you could realistically get those to A's and then applying in a gap year?

Original post by ChxaChi

Hi there
Glad to hear you have a passion for studying medicine at Swansea, but to be clear Swansea only has a graduate entry medicine programme which means applicants must have already completed an undergraduate degree at university to apply. However, Swansea does have some fantastic undergraduate degrees that act as pathways to medicine you can check out those degrees here https://www.swansea.ac.uk/medicine/pathways/

Hope that helps,
Sean

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending