The Student Room Group

NCA Trainee Investigator/Intelligence 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Alabama5
I have no experience of the CSJT. Can anybody provide an overview of what it is?

Are they still doing the verbal, inductive and numerical reasoning tests this year? Or is the process completely different.

Many thanks.

No verbal or numerical tests, just the judgement one.
Have a go at the practise test, and try to think in the role not how you would react in your current role. Hope that helps a little.
Original post by Lay_b
No verbal or numerical tests, just the judgement one.
Have a go at the practise test, and try to think in the role not how you would react in your current role. Hope that helps a little.

Thanks for the information.

I’m surprised they’re not running the reasoning tests. Maybe they will come later do you think?
I’ve applied for North West and Wales. I also selected both :smile:
I have no experience of the CSJT. Can anybody provide an overview of what it is?

Are they still doing the verbal, inductive and numerical reasoning tests this year? Or is the process completely different.

Many thanks.

I would definitely recommended doing some practice tests first. They really helped me. :smile:
Original post by Mariefaith18
I would definitely recommended doing some practice tests first. They really helped me. :smile:

Thanks.

Just to confirm practise only CSJT’s. Not the reasoning tests.
Thanks.

Just to confirm practise only CSJT’s. Not the reasoning tests.

Yeah i just did the situational judgement test. Try not to over think it.
Reply 26
What scores did everyone get? Also does anyone know of any sites that offer practice CSJT's and not just generic judgement tests? As I understand it these CSJT's are directly related to the behaviours they are testing you on, which is something that I can't seem to find when looking for practice tests (not including the practice test that the civil service gives you, but even that is a generic one that they send out for all positions I think, so not entirely helpful).
Reply 27
Thanks for the information.

I’m surprised they’re not running the reasoning tests. Maybe they will come later do you think?

I doubt it, I imagine they would of done it at the beginning to make the sift easier... but you never know I suppose.
Original post by Yvonne 86
Bridgend, Bristol and London as my choices 👍🏼

Hi there I’ve applied Bridgend only as Investigator. Are you from Wales? How did you get on with SJT?
Reply 29
I applied for Investigator - Sunderland 🤞
Reply 30
Original post by mrtom616
What scores did everyone get? Also does anyone know of any sites that offer practice CSJT's and not just generic judgement tests? As I understand it these CSJT's are directly related to the behaviours they are testing you on, which is something that I can't seem to find when looking for practice tests (not including the practice test that the civil service gives you, but even that is a generic one that they send out for all positions I think, so not entirely helpful).

92% and sadly I only know of the practice tests you get to do with any civil service job requires you to do one.
Original post by LeeG33
92% and sadly I only know of the practice tests you get to do with any civil service job requires you to do one.

Wow well done! I got 62 so not holding out much hope :/
Reply 32
Thank you 😊 when I checked my feedback report though my answers for working together said it could need development 😂And 62% is a great score. Bench mark is 40 I think so your still high up! Honestly feel my personal statement will let me down though but we'll see.
Original post by Fireofficer
Hi there I’ve applied Bridgend only as Investigator. Are you from Wales? How did you get on with SJT?

I had 70% how about you? Yes I’m in Swansea, you?

I’m forgetting about it until middle of Sept, civil service jobs usually take at least 4-6 weeks to sift 🤦🏽*♀️
Reply 34
I wonder what the exams will consist of IF we do get through? Don't think it will be technical mathematical questions... I've emailed them and they gave very generic replies regarding the exams.
Reply 35
Original post by goku123
I wonder what the exams will consist of IF we do get through? Don't think it will be technical mathematical questions... I've emailed them and they gave very generic replies regarding the exams.

I would not be surprised if they weren't too different to the CBAT tests related to Intelligence or Investigation the RAF give you on your assessment day. For those that haven't done them or even heard of them there's more than a couple forums on here that talk about them. They weren't too bad when I had them done, they just seem look like they'd be hard. Interestingly, one of the best ways to practice some of those tests was to play video games (multitasking was a big thing there).
Reply 36
Deadline for the test today, good luck to all those who haven't done it yet!
Reply 37
Hi everyone! Just completed the SJT and got 73%, reasonably happy :smile:

I was wondering if someone could confirm whether there is going to be a Video Interview stage this year? The Candidate Pack does say there is an 'interview and assessment day' after passing the long-/shortlisting process, but I am confused whether this is meant to refer to the interview on assessment day or whether there is a separate video interview before then.
Thanks!
Reply 38
Original post by mrtom616
I would not be surprised if they weren't too different to the CBAT tests related to Intelligence or Investigation the RAF give you on your assessment day. For those that haven't done them or even heard of them there's more than a couple forums on here that talk about them. They weren't too bad when I had them done, they just seem look like they'd be hard. Interestingly, one of the best ways to practice some of those tests was to play video games (multitasking was a big thing there).

Grateful if you can provide few details regarding the exam you did; the modules etc?
Original post by acorn332
South West - I selected 'both'.

How did people do on the online tests?

I got 79% - just hoping my personal statement was up to scratch ☺️
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending