The Student Room Group

Manchester metropolitan university

Does anyone know if Manchester met usually have places at the end of clearing or if the courses are full at the end. Especially the business management courses and foundation year business specifically
this is a difficult one to answer, it entirely depends on how many people have applied and been given places for that year, from what I can see by the website the business management foundation year is still on clearing so they have places available a the moment, but as for next year who knows, it could be it may not be, as for if there are places at the end again thats entirely dependant on how many people apply, how many people dont get the grades and have thier offers removed or how many people go through clearing once they've had their results!
Reply 2
Is it usually easy to get into foundation year course through clearing if they have space? Or are they very keen on the grades u got?? Thanksss
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by leannemellisa
this is a difficult one to answer, it entirely depends on how many people have applied and been given places for that year, from what I can see by the website the business management foundation year is still on clearing so they have places available a the moment, but as for next year who knows, it could be it may not be, as for if there are places at the end again thats entirely dependant on how many people apply, how many people dont get the grades and have thier offers removed or how many people go through clearing once they've had their results!

Is it usually easy to get into foundation year course through clearing if they have space? Or are they very keen on the grades u got?? Thanksss
well for example at a different university, my friend applied last night, she has PPP at BTEC level 3, shes been offered a place on foundation level, they tend to be more lenient for foundation year grades! :smile:
Reply 5
Oh ok, my worst fear is not getting accepted into any University. :frown: I got my exam results yesterday and I did really bad I got only 36 UCAS tariff points and for a foundation year I think you need at least 72 to get in, well that’s what it said on their website
Reply 6
well for example at a different university, my friend applied last night, she has PPP at BTEC level 3, shes been offered a place on foundation level, they tend to be more lenient for foundation year grades! :smile:

Oh ok, my worst fear is not getting accepted into any University. :frown: I got my exam results yesterday and I did really bad I got only 36 UCAS tariff points and for a foundation year I think you need at least 72 to get in, well that’s what it said on their website
Original post by Mb875

if you struggle to get a place on foundation year, my advice would be to do an access course for 1 year and apply for university after that, it'll give you the grades to go into uni without a foundation year :smile:
Reply 8
What is an access course and where do you do it? I’m sorry I’m a student from Ireland so I don’t really understand
Original post by Mb875
What is an access course and where do you do it? I’m sorry I’m a student from Ireland so I don’t really understand

ah i'm not sure if they do them in ireland, another option (which is how i've gotten into uni!) I have done one module with the Open University and applied through clearing this year and got an unconditional offer, and i have no A levels to my name!
Reply 10
ah i'm not sure if they do them in ireland, another option (which is how i've gotten into uni!) I have done one module with the Open University and applied through clearing this year and got an unconditional offer, and i have no A levels to my name!

Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it :smile:

Hi, can I ask what uni you applied to please? I have previously studied with the open university and I am hoping to go through clearing and transfer my credits I have already gained.
Original post by Sweety_512
Hi, can I ask what uni you applied to please? I have previously studied with the open university and I am hoping to go through clearing and transfer my credits I have already gained.

Hey :smile: I've been accepted into university of south Wales, though I haven't credit transferred so I'll be starting from year 1 :smile:
Hey :smile: I've been accepted into university of south Wales, though I haven't credit transferred so I'll be starting from year 1 :smile:

Thanks for your reply! Did you use your credits gained at the open university to get onto the degree then? Or do you have other qualifications? As I think this may be a better option for me.
Thanks for your reply! Did you use your credits gained at the open university to get onto the degree then? Or do you have other qualifications? As I think this may be a better option for me.

I used the credits I got from the OU to get on there, I dont have A levels just my OU credits! :smile: I applied through clearing this year for USW and got an unconditional offer just from having my OU credits :smile: i only done one module equalling 60 credits :smile:
Oh wow that's good!! Gives me hope as I completed 120 credits. However doesnt seem all unis accept this based on the few I have called through clearing this week
I used the credits I got from the OU to get on there, I dont have A levels just my OU credits! :smile: I applied through clearing this year for USW and got an unconditional offer just from having my OU credits :smile: i only done one module equalling 60 credits :smile:

Did you apply though UCAS as I have also been told ucas dont currently accept open uni credits.
Did you apply though UCAS as I have also been told ucas dont currently accept open uni credits.

I applied directly through the university, I looked on their site to see if there were any degrees similar to what i was doing with the OU and wanted to continue, i phoned them up, told them my qualifications and was told to put in an application via their website, i recieved my unconditional offer the day after :smile:
I applied directly through the university, I looked on their site to see if there were any degrees similar to what i was doing with the OU and wanted to continue, i phoned them up, told them my qualifications and was told to put in an application via their website, i recieved my unconditional offer the day after :smile:

Ahh I see! Totally understand..Thank you for getting back to me!! Fingers crossed I find a uni that accepts this route of using ou credits x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending