The Student Room Group

Uncertainty with accommodation and first / insurance choice universities

Hi,
So I have just applied for remarks for 4 of my exam papers, which if they go my way will mean I have gotten into my Firm choice university. However, if they do not go my way, I will be going to my insurance choice university. To ensure that I have accommodation at my insurance choice in case things go badly, should I ring up or enrol? I'm in a sticky situation as I don't want to tell them I'm waiting for a chance to go elsewhere but I also don't want to miss getting accommodation at their Campus.
What should I do?
Thanks!
Original post by EoinOD
Hi,
So I have just applied for remarks for 4 of my exam papers, which if they go my way will mean I have gotten into my Firm choice university. However, if they do not go my way, I will be going to my insurance choice university. To ensure that I have accommodation at my insurance choice in case things go badly, should I ring up or enrol? I'm in a sticky situation as I don't want to tell them I'm waiting for a chance to go elsewhere but I also don't want to miss getting accommodation at their Campus.
What should I do?
Thanks!

look at your insurances accomodation and find out if you can cancel it if you need it, have you made your firm aware you're getting priority remarks?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
look at your insurances accomodation and find out if you can cancel it if you need it, have you made your firm aware you're getting priority remarks?

I have made my firm aware.
So would I need to enrol and ring up and inquire? Can't really comprehend what to do
Original post by EoinOD
I have made my firm aware.
So would I need to enrol and ring up and inquire? Can't really comprehend what to do

if your insurance is unconditional on track they should contact you about accomodation if they can offer it to you but check on their website.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
if your insurance is unconditional on track they should contact you about accomodation if they can offer it to you but check on their website.

I think I'm just going to apply for it today and see how it goes. I should be able to cancel it if needed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending