The Student Room Group

Applying to postgrad med school during 2nd year of course

Hello , I am currently entering my second year in Biomed at Uni of Kent. I would like to know if it is possible to apply to med school now , for entry in the next year. If yes, how could I do it? Can I apply for another course while still being in uni ? if I don't get into medicine, will I still be on my biomed course? When is the deadline?
Thank you !
****EDIT***** Thanks to anyone who kindly answered. I just realised it was a really stupid question lol, I wish I could delete it but I can't . Thanks again for all your answers!!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Mattia20D
Hello , I am currently entering my second year in Biomed at Uni of Kent. I would like to know if it is possible to apply to med school now , for entry in the next year. If yes, how could I do it? Can I apply for another course while still being in uni ? if I don't get into medicine, will I still be on my biomed course? When is the deadline?
Thank you !

Applying for graduate entry medicine is normally done at the end of second year/beginning of 3rd year from a biomed degree. This then means that the summer after your second year should be used to do UCAT if you’re gonna apply for UCAT, prepare for BMAT if you’re gonna do that, find work experience and volunteering as well as preparing your personal statement. You would apply by the 15th October 2020 for 2021 entry. So you’d graduate biomed and do medicine if you get a high 2:1 or first in your degree (mostly). All the best and hope that helps :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Random_Student
Applying for postgrad medicine is normally done at the end of second year/beginning of 3rd year from a biomed degree. This then means that the summer after your second year should be used to do UCAT if you’re gonna apply for UCAT, prepare for BMAT if you’re gonna do that, find work experience and volunteering as well as preparing your personal statement. You would apply by the 15th October 2020 for 2021 entry. So you’d graduate biomed and do medicine if you get a high 2:1 or first in your degree (mostly). All the best and hope that helps :smile:

Assume you mean Graduate Entry Medicine? Postgrad medicine is applied for by people who have completed a medical degree already. GEM is still an undergraduate course
Reply 3
You won’t be accepted to GEM if you aren’t in final year of your degree, or you’ve already graduated.
Original post by GANFYD
Assume you mean Graduate Entry Medicine? Postgrad medicine is applied for by people who have completed a medical degree already. GEM is still an undergraduate course

Yep sorry that’s what I meant
what are the chances of getting in med school anyways even with a 1st

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending