The Student Room Group

How to get a 9 in Religious Studies?

A grade 9 is a lot more accessible than you think! I got 219 marks in my GCSE WJEC EDUQAS RE and was 21 marks into a grade 9! I was very pleased with this, obviously. As I did only around 2-3 hours before every exam of revision.

If you have any questions feel free to ask as I’d love to help any new year 11s get a Grade 9 in their GCSE!

Any info - I did WJEC EDUQAS Route A (so Islam and Christianity.)

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how did you revise?
Reply 2
Original post by febreze
how did you revise?

I used Quizlet for quotes and I’d start by having one side with ‘love..’ and the other side ‘love thy neighbour’ so like finishing the quote, and I did one folder of these for each subtopic e.g Life and Death, Good and Evil. I would also do ‘blurting’, whereby I would put a subtopic eg Good and Evil, and I would just make a huge mind map of everything I knew on each sub-sub-topic of that theme. I would use purple highlighter for Islam and Pink for Christianity. I also made basic notes and did lots of exam questions.
Reply 3
Original post by FloLemon
I used Quizlet for quotes and I’d start by having one side with ‘love..’ and the other side ‘love thy neighbour’ so like finishing the quote, and I did one folder of these for each subtopic e.g Life and Death, Good and Evil. I would also do ‘blurting’, whereby I would put a subtopic eg Good and Evil, and I would just make a huge mind map of everything I knew on each sub-sub-topic of that theme. I would use purple highlighter for Islam and Pink for Christianity. I also made basic notes and did lots of exam questions.

i’ve used love thy neighbour, for god so loved the world so many times
I got an 8 with AQA but I revised just after the Easter holidays finished so don't be like me. Just do loads of practise questions and go over the content. I did mind maps of each topic and split the mind map into two with each religion I was studying on each side then I did a lot of practise questions under timed conditions.
A grade 9 is a lot more accessible than you think! I got 219 marks in my GCSE WJEC EDUQAS RE and was 21 marks into a grade 9! I was very pleased with this, obviously. As I did only around 2-3 hours before every exam of revision.

If you have any questions feel free to ask as I’d love to help any new year 11s get a Grade 9 in their GCSE!

Any info - I did WJEC EDUQAS Route A (so Islam and Christianity.)

Thank you!

I got an 8 with AQA, I did religion peace and conflict, religion crime and punishment.

Religions I did were Christianity and Judaism. I also did Marks gospel as a theme
Reply 6
Original post by febreze
i’ve used love thy neighbour, for god so loved the world so many times

I don’t think I used it ever haha! But it’s a good quote nonetheless just didn’t apply to any of my questions :smile:
any tips on how to focus whilst revising? (i find it really hard to concentrate when i'm in silence)
Original post by sophhie:))
any tips on how to focus whilst revising? (i find it really hard to concentrate when i'm in silence)

If you find it hard to focus in silence just put some music on in the background, maybe classical music, classic fm have a great revision playlist I used while revising
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by febreze
how did you revise?

I got an 8, I would do lots of past papers. To be honest we were so well prepared that everyone got either an 8 or 9 in my class. I barely used any quotes in my papers
Reply 10

You could listen to study playlists on Spotify!
If you search in ‘Lofi study’ there are really good songs that are relaxing and upbeat and just really good for studying. :smile:
I sometimes played TV programmes of shows I’ve watched so many times- because I’ve seen it hundreds of times I don’t get tempted into staring at the screen. Good luck <3
You could listen to study playlists on Spotify!
If you search in ‘Lofi study’ there are really good songs that are relaxing and upbeat and just really good for studying. :smile:
I sometimes played TV programmes of shows I’ve watched so many times- because I’ve seen it hundreds of times I don’t get tempted into staring at the screen. Good luck <3

thank you so much!!!!
Original post by Greywolftwo
If you find it hard to focus in silence just put some music on in the background, maybe classical music, classic fm have a great revision playlist I used while revising

thank youuuuu
thank youuuuu

No problem :smile:
Reply 14

Are you able to share your quizlet set by any chance ?
how many quotes did you revise for each religion? i heard you are suppose to revise 20 for each?
I did route B! So with Judaism and Christianity. I was really rubbish at re and got 6s in my mocks but 9 in the real thing! I made two and a half a4 Mindmaps and went through the route b textbook to get all the information I need. My handwriting was rly small. And 2 days b4 each exam I revised and that’s that!
with great difficutly

i hv no advice cuz i only managed to get an 8

edit: oh lol sorry i just properly read ur post hahah
well done for that amazing grade btw!!
(edited 3 years ago)
im currentley in yr 11 and got a grade 6 in re any tips on how to get a 9
look at the mark scheme that the examiner uses then you'll see what makes a grade 9 - adding quotes, keywords etc etc Go to the website of the examining board for you RE to find out about the mark scheme the examiner has to follow to give you the higher grades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending