The Student Room Group

Is TSR a waste of time?

What does TSR mean to you?

Are there any particular benefits you have reaped from using TSR (if you're a non-applicant)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Legally Jasmine

Are there any particular benefits you have reaped from using TSR (if you're a non-applicant)?

Yes, I've met some nice people and some interesting people and it saves me from daytime TV :tongue:
Original post by harrysbar
Yes, I've met some nice people and some interesting people and it saves me from daytime TV :tongue:

Ahaha, fair enough :redface:

Have been reading and watching things related to productivity/ self-help and it's making me feel guilty about the amount of time I waste a day :lol:

I swear time moves faster on here, hahah.
Reply 3

Friendships and I've developed a heck of a lot of transferable skills.
Ahaha, fair enough :redface:

Have been reading and watching things related to productivity/ self-help and it's making me feel guilty about the amount of time I waste a day :lol:

I swear time moves faster on here, hahah.

Maybe it's different for people who should be studying but for me (working part time) it's either TSR or Homes under the hammer/Loose Women
Original post by Deyesy
Friendships and I've developed a heck of a lot of transferable skills.

What transferable skills in particular? :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Maybe it's different for people who should be studying but for me (working part time) it's either TSR or Homes under the hammer/Loose Women

I've never met anyone else who likes homes under the hammer but I love it. Makes me feel like an old man watching it though
It means I don't shout in the face of people on the street, so I would say it's useful.
Yes tsr probably is a waste of my time. But I don't have the self discipline to do something productive so I may as well use it.
Reply 9
What transferable skills in particular? :smile:

Project planning, leadership, content creation etc.

There's more but I'm at work so :tongue:

EDIT: I also met my fiancée through here which is pretty big benefit :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)

Ah ok, makes sense.

Definitely TSR wins (especially the law forum :wink: ) in that case, hahah.
(edited 4 years ago)
waste of time but good advice can be found here which i've benefited from.
Original post by Prussianxo
I've never met anyone else who likes homes under the hammer but I love it. Makes me feel like an old man watching it though

I just love it when they buy some dump for £50,000 and say they're going to completely renovate it on a budget of about £5,000. "We'll put in a new kitchen, bathroom, floors, windows....." :rofl:
I just love it when they buy some dump for £50,000 and say they're going to completely renovate it on a budget of about £5,000. "We'll put in a new kitchen, bathroom, floors, windows....." :rofl:

Or £2000 because they're gonna do the work themselves; only needs a lick of paint which the buyer will do alongside his full-time SIA gig at Asda.
Original post by Deyesy
Project planning, leadership, content creation etc.

EDIT: I also met my fiancée through here which is pretty big benefit :lol:

That's a good one :eek:

That sounds good, ngl. How in particular did you hone/ develop your leadership skills on here? It's a skill I'm trying to hone :tongue:
Reply 15
That's a good one :eek:

That sounds good, ngl. How in particular did you hone/ develop your leadership skills on here? It's a skill I'm trying to hone :tongue:

By getting involved with the volunteer team :smile:

HAHAH

Spoiler

Original post by Deyesy
By getting involved with the volunteer team :smile:

Ahh, okay makes sense.

Can't apply that to my life then, sadly. :frown:

*Existential crisis intensifies*
(edited 4 years ago)
HAHAH

Spoiler

Do not get drawn into the black hole of Homes under the hammer ..... before you know where you are you'll be buying some dump in Merthyr Tydfil at auction.
Reply 19
Comedy gold

Quick Reply

Latest