The Student Room Group

Medicine Offer Rates (UK)

Hey! Just wanted to share some admissions statistics for your interest, and since I found the data, why not? This is from Which? and pertains to last year's admissions data.

Glasgow: 26%
Keele: 18%
KCL: 35%
Oxford: 10%
Plymouth: 34%
Sheffield: 39%
Aston University: 45%
Brighton and Sussex: 21%
Cardiff: 32%
UCL: 22%
Imperial: 25%
Lancaster: 24%
Queen's University Belfast: 44%

Feel free to add to it!
What year?

Edit: seems to be 2018 entry. This is very useful actually - in many ways moreso than the numbers present on the wiki.
(edited 4 years ago)
Are these the percentage of offers given in terms of total applications or percentage of offers given to those who attended interview? Thank you :smile:
Aberdeen 19%
Birmingham 37%
Bristol ???
Cambridge ???
Dundee 21%
UEA 39%
Edinburgh 18%
Hull/York 45%
Leicester 31%
Liverpool 40%
Leeds 16%
Manchester 37%
Nottingham ???
Queen Mary ???
St Andrews 35%
Southampton 31%
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by bethanyrose02
Are these the percentage of offers given in terms of total applications or percentage of offers given to those who attended interview? Thank you :smile:

Application to offer ratio
Any info on Manchester ?
Original post by Omerkkkkk
Any info on Manchester ?

37% x
Reply 7
Original post by nexttime
What year?

Edit: seems to be 2018 entry. This is very useful actually - in many ways moreso than the numbers present on the wiki.

The problem is, they all give application to offer or application to place, when what you really need is interview to offer, as calculating the likelihood of an interview is fairly easy, what we need is the "how likely to get an offer an you if you get an interview" answer. Hence I usually jig with the MSC figures and number of places which is readily available to give at least an approximation!
Original post by GANFYD
The problem is, they all give application to offer or application to place, when what you really need is interview to offer, as calculating the likelihood of an interview is fairly easy, what we need is the "how likely to get an offer an you if you get an interview" answer. Hence I usually jig with the MSC figures and number of places which is readily available to give at least an approximation!

Yeah, the MSC site is great! The figures are given in ratios which is fine, but sometimes nice to just look for a percentage
Original post by GANFYD

So... I could edit the TSR site to show the MSC figures, (for applicants per place, applicants per interview, and interview per place) and the Which? figures for applicants per offer. I could also do a composite figure stating interviews per offer. I would not, however, have actual numbers as the current table does, only the ratios. Worth it?
Reply 10
Original post by nexttime
Aberdeen 19%
Birmingham 37%
Bristol ???
Cambridge ???
Dundee 21%
UEA 39%
Edinburgh 18%
Hull/York 45%
Leicester 31%
Liverpool 40%
Leeds 16%
Manchester 37%
Nottingham ???
Queen Mary ???
St Andrews 35%
Southampton 31%

Exeter?
Reply 11
Original post by samvk
Exeter?

Exeter interview to offer ratio was 37% for 2018 entry (so not the same as the stats above which are application to offer)
Reply 12
Original post by GANFYD
Exeter interview to offer ratio was 37% for 2018 entry (so not the same as the stats above which are application to offer)

Thank you. Is Exeter problem based learning or integrated? According to medic portal Exeter is integrated learning. Bit confused.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by samvk
Thank you. Is Exeter problem based learning or integrated? According to medic portal Exeter is integrated learning. Bit confused.

Exeter is PBL. Integrated just means early patient contact
Reply 14
Original post by GANFYD
Exeter is PBL. Integrated just means early patient contact

Thanks In Exeter how many hours of lectures, tutorials and workshop per week?
Reply 15
Original post by samvk
Thanks In Exeter how many hours of lectures, tutorials and workshop per week?

No idea. Maybe post on the Exeter thread as there might be current students there?
Reply 16
Original post by username4183328
Yeah, the MSC site is great! The figures are given in ratios which is fine, but sometimes nice to just look for a percentage

What is MSC site?
Original post by KaTa10
What is MSC site?

This thread is 2 years old
Reply 18
Original post by GANFYD
This thread is 2 years old

I know. Was hoping someone would give a helpful reply
Original post by KaTa10
I know. Was hoping someone would give a helpful reply

OP has not been on the site since Dec 2019 and nexttime has left.
TSR does not like old threads being bumped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending