The Student Room Group

Urgent Health- White Spirit

Urgent
So I spilt a lot of white spirit on thighs and private area (female- I was sitting hence why it was in that area)
It's been over an hour (currently on way home from school cause I'm in so much pain)

I looked and everything is red and swollen and burning badly- feels like I've sliced myself and then poured a pint of vinegar on the wounds.

I don't know what to do- I've tried wet tissue but it's so painful and raw. I was going to shower but the pain is so bad. What should I do????
See a Dr ASAP, get an emergency GP appointment or got to A&E, there is a chance you'll get chemical burns. its good to wash it off however they should be able to give you something effective and safe to soothe it.

Hope the pain eases soon and you can get this sorted!
Reply 2
Original post by StitchMeow
See a Dr ASAP, get an emergency GP appointment or got to A&E, there is a chance you'll get chemical burns. its good to wash it off however they should be able to give you something effective and safe to soothe it.

Hope the pain eases soon and you can get this sorted!

I can't go to A&E- I don't drive nor the money for a bus . I've walked for half and hour to get home, I don't think I could walk any more it's so painful. Would it be very important to go to the GP?
I would recommend seeing a medical professional, at the very least call 111 or see if you can get a phone consultation with your GP they would be able to give you the best advise to minimise pain and damage.
Original post by Shiro_A
I can't go to A&E- I don't drive nor the money for a bus . I've walked for half and hour to get home, I don't think I could walk any more it's so painful. Would it be very important to go to the GP?

you can get an ambulance. it is an emergency.
Reply 5
Original post by StitchMeow
I would recommend seeing a medical professional, at the very least call 111 or see if you can get a phone consultation with your GP they would be able to give you the best advise to minimise pain and damage.

I see, I'll try to see if they can do an over the phone consultation, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest