The Student Room Group

Trainers in a club?

Hi guys so i’m going to my first club and i’m going to wear a sweatshirt and jeans. Ideally I’ll like to wear my all black Nike 97s as they go with my outfit or my white air force ones, but i’m not sure if it’s allowed in clubs.

The dress code states
Shirt/Suit/Trousers/Cocktail Dress is strongly encouraged. Fancy dress is not permitted at this event.

Do you think I could wear those shoes in there?
Reply 1
It also says

Smart / Casual
Reply 2
smart casual and you want to go in jeans, a jumper and some trainers?

whilst smart casual is usually still relaxed, you do need to look like you've put some effort into what you are wearing...
Reply 3
Original post by lia_r18
smart casual and you want to go in jeans, a jumper and some trainers?

whilst smart casual is usually still relaxed, you do need to look like you've put some effort into what you are wearing...

Smart sweatshirt, black jeans and I wanted to wear trainers
Original post by Anonymous
Smart sweatshirt, black jeans and I wanted to wear trainers

Depends on the club, generally speaking if you want to avoid problems don't wear trainers with bubbles such as some of the Nike ones. Some black top man shoes or black converse type shoes should do the trick. Any sporty type trainers are kind of 50/50 on if you will be allowed in or not
Reply 5
Original post by Sam1999__
Depends on the club, generally speaking if you want to avoid problems don't wear trainers with bubbles such as some of the Nike ones. Some black top man shoes or black converse type shoes should do the trick. Any sporty type trainers are kind of 50/50 on if you will be allowed in or not

It’s also a student night, so i’m not sure if they are more casual when they are on
Original post by Anonymous
It’s also a student night, so i’m not sure if they are more casual when they are on

It's possible they may allow it, would you really want to run the risk though for the sake of wearing a particular pair of trainers? Personally I would just go with the safer option because it's 50/50. I have seen bouncers let in a group with trainers then not allow in the next group in the line with similar trainers, if they don't like the look of you it just gives them an easy excuse. Whenever I go out now I just wear shoes I know won't be an issue because it saves the hassle of being barred.
If you want to wear jeans and trainers make sure they're at least somewhat smart looking, also keep trainers quite neutral/plain. I've been in clubs in Vans before and they've always been okay but scruffy trainers are probably a no go. Also recommend a shirt rather than a sweatshirt as it's very difficult to make a sweatshirt look anything more than casual, especially considering they "strongly encourage" at least a shirt and trousers.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending