The Student Room Group

You cant get into a 15

I'm 14 and my dad was going to treat me and my brother (16) to the Joker at odeon southend, we paid for all our items and got to the door and we were then stopped and asked for ID. I did not have anything on me , obviously, and we were then kicked out of the cinema
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 14 and my dad was going to treat me and my brother (16) to the Joker at odeon southend, we paid for all our items and got to the door and we were then stopped and asked for ID. I did not have anything on me , obviously, and we were then kicked out of the cinema

No one younger than 15 can watch a film rated 15 even with an adult.
Ah, yes, this r-rated movie is r-rated

If you look younger than 15, you may be asked for ID. If you cannot provide this, you will not be allowed access to the film. You could wait until it comes out on DVD/streaming sites?

Adult people sometimes can't tell if somebody is 16 or 26, and 18 or 30. Do not be surprised.
What did you expect?
Original post by ARealNowhereMan
Ah, yes, this r-rated movie is r-rated

hmm.jpeg
Speaking R-rated movies, I don't think this was rated anything:

80ies and early 90ies Japanese cartoon era.
This doesn't sound real to me. Cinemas don't kick people out for not having ID...
Original post by Jessic444
This doesn't sound real to me. Cinemas don't kick people out for not having ID...

Of course they do
It’s a 15 film. You can be asked to prove you’re 15. I can you can’t then you will be asked to leave
It’s luck of the draw if you get id’ or not
Original post by Sammylou40
Of course they do
It’s a 15 film. You can be asked to prove you’re 15. I can you can’t then you will be asked to leave
It’s luck of the draw if you get id’ or not

But how would anyone prove they're 15? Do they expect you to bring your passport?
But how would anyone prove they're 15? Do they expect you to bring your passport?

It's called a Validate UK Pass ID.
Original post by UKstarfleet
It's called a Validate UK Pass ID.

What 15 year old is going to have one of those? Surely those are meant for buying alcohol/cigarettes at 18 which is understandable.

I never brought anything like that when I went to the cinema at <15 and they never requested anything from me. I always assumed the age 'limits' were merely guidelines. Is there actually anything in law about this?
Should’ve bribed the manager :wink: always worked for me.
What 15 year old is going to have one of those? Surely those are meant for buying alcohol/cigarettes at 18 which is understandable.

I never brought anything like that when I went to the cinema at <15 and they never requested anything from me. I always assumed the age 'limits' were merely guidelines. Is there actually anything in law about this?

All cinema's have terms and conditions, this is one of them. If you don't like their terms don't visit their cinema. It has nothing to do with the law.
All cinema's have terms and conditions, this is one of them. If you don't like their terms don't visit their cinema. It has nothing to do with the law.

Just been reading about it and it seems to be everything to do with the law. This is news to me.
Just been reading about it and it seems to be everything to do with the law. This is news to me.

You said that the age limits were "merely guidelines" I would be ever so grateful if you can identify to me the law that states a 14 year old can watch a 15 rated movie.
You said that the age limits were "merely guidelines" I would be ever so grateful if you can identify to me the law that states a 14 year old can watch a 15 rated movie.

No I said I thought they were merely guidelines
You have to find a cinema that doesn't care, we have one near where I live, when my friend was 13 he went to see fifty shades of grey.
I always looked older so I've never been questioned. My little brother on the other hand is 14 and has a major baby face - he'd never get in.
I once got ID'ed for a 15 rated film when I was about 17/18. I was really embarrassed at the time and couldn't believe they didn't think I was over 15. My friends found it funny though and I got jokes/ banter about it for a while afterwards.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending