The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kamilastan
Hi! I’ve applied to Cardiff, Bristol, Liverpool and Plymouth. I have a low UCAT unfortunately but have managed to secure an interview with Plymouth! I haven’t heard back from my other unis

Hey I applied to 3 of the same unis as you. I applied to Liverpool, Birmingham, Plymouth and Cardiff. I achieved 5A*3A2B at GCSE and predicted A*A*A for a level. Unfortunately I messed up my UCAT and got 595 avg and band 3 :frown:. However I received an interview from Plymouth! And hopeuflly the other unis see the potential in me through my personal statement and I receive interviews from everywhere. Chance for Birmingham is rather low though
Original post by Simbassi
I got 999988877
AAA
2450 avg 612.5 B2
3 weeks wex
Do I have a chance at interveiws??
At Cardiff brum manchester liverpool
Thanks
Haven’t got any interviews yet 🥺

I have really similar stats! I haven't got any interviews yet either. I've got my insurance choice, though :smile:
Original post by dentistry12345
Hey I applied to 3 of the same unis as you. I applied to Liverpool, Birmingham, Plymouth and Cardiff. I achieved 5A*3A2B at GCSE and predicted A*A*A for a level. Unfortunately I messed up my UCAT and got 595 avg and band 3 :frown:. However I received an interview from Plymouth! And hopeuflly the other unis see the potential in me through my personal statement and I receive interviews from everywhere. Chance for Birmingham is rather low though

Why’s ur chance for brum low?
Original post by Simbassi
Why’s ur chance for brum low?

Because of my **** UCAT. I guess I do still stand a chance because of my academics and I believe my personal is very strong but there are people out there with 9A*s GCSE applying to Birms and they obv have higher chance than me with 5A*
Original post by klywi03
Hi everyone I am currently in year 12. I wish you all luck and hope you get offers! It's crazy how I'll be in the same position this time next year:eek:. Does anyone know any free resources for mastering UCAT skills or sites that have free UCAT questions?

Don’t use medify for situational judgement its so inaccurate people were getting band 1’s on medify straight and then a band 3-4 in the real exam
still haven’t received anything from Plymouth or Newcastle but others have. Starting to get worried
I found the 6med UCAT materials v.helpful.

A
Original post by dentistry12345
Because of my **** UCAT. I guess I do still stand a chance because of my academics and I believe my personal is very strong but there are people out there with 9A*s GCSE applying to Birms and they obv have higher chance than me with 5A*

True but I wouldn’t rule it out ur ucat is low but as long as others bring it up and ur not it bottom percentile I wouldn’t worry. Just take it as it comes it’s not in ur hands now ygm. Would brum be ur first choice? My ucat is low aswell 612.5 b2 but my PS and gcse bring it up I think
To all the people fretting about low UCATs: Do try to remember that once you're into the Interviews process, then it's no longer used - and you are judged on your interview performance alone, in terms of subsequent Offers - so it's simply a means to an end (to get you in the door). Most Unis do their best to get as many in for interviews as possible (since they also understand that candidates can 'have a bad day' on UCAT testing...) - so don't let it get you down too much...there are Dentistry Undergrads at most of the Dental Schools today, who got majorly dodgy U(K)CAT scores, but who then shone in their Interviews and Exams! :biggrin:

A
Original post by lilaura
Hi everyone just thought I'd share that I've received interviews from plymouth and king's college so far my ucat was 2560 band 1 and predicted grades are A*AA :smile:

Congrats! I also got an interview from Plymouth.still waiting for Cardiff, queen Mary’s and Liverpool
Anyone got an interview from Cardiff Liverpool or queen marys?

Waiting for Queen Mary and Cardiff as well:wink:
Reply 972
Hi, I am an international student, preparing for interviews for Plymouth. What are some NHS hot topics that they might be asking? I'm not that familiar with the NHS which makes me kinda worried...
What do the universities expect you to know about the NHS and dentistry in general?
Thanks
Reply 973
Anyone heard back from Dundee or Liverpool yet ??
Original post by crappyappy
omg thats so cool, is it the book that was linked in this thread a few pages ago or a different one - if different link it plz
Also does the book cover all possible MMI stations?
And how cann ur school do an MMI, that must be so hard to organise!

Its not a full MMI more of an Interview where they'll ask questions of link in scenarios.
Again, my school bought the book but it is blue with dental tools on the front, easily found if you type in dentistry mmi Qs online
Anyone heard back from KCL grad entry dentistry?
Original post by lanz972
Anyone heard back from KCL grad entry dentistry?

What were your stats you applied with? I’m waiting to hear back too!
Anyone still waiting on hearing back from Newcastle?
Hello, Does anyone know of any good books for interview preparation?
Original post by crappyappy
If not a suit and cheap, what would you wear?
Send links if you want.

Not sure, I would say a white shirt, formal jumper, trousers and Oxford shoes.

But I'd recommend investing in a suit, you'll need it one day or another. You can decent ones for less than £60 during sale times.

Latest