The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Policy Advisor - Official Thread 2019-2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amymcm11
did anyone else get their test link from a cabinet office email?? Bit confused as the email before saying I'd got through to the test stage said it would be from a different email address to the one I've received it from.

Yep. Got it from the same email and thought it was a bit odd 🧐
Did you guys get a different email yesterday? The only one I've received is from someone from Cabinet Office this morning with the test link!

Also does yours have a pathway number at the bottom? Mine says pathway 2 - no idea whether this means I'm in 'wave 2' or it's the pathway they've put me in because I study economics?!
Reply 62
Original post by Bobbobbob
Did you guys get a different email yesterday? The only one I've received is from someone from Cabinet Office this morning with the test link!

Also does yours have a pathway number at the bottom? Mine says pathway 2 - no idea whether this means I'm in 'wave 2' or it's the pathway they've put me in because I study economics?!

Think it just means like stage two?

Yesterday’s email was from a different email address. It was just to say that we had met the required standards and made it to the next stage. It might have gone to your junk folder.

I received the same email so it’s definitely nothing to do with economics. Might have something to do with the start date.
Original post by mbrean
Think it just means like stage two?

The email yesterday said it should come from [email protected] this isn’t the case though and came from a different email.
Original post by Sonia_3
Yesterday’s email was from a different email address. It was just to say that we had met the required standards and made it to the next stage. It might have gone to your junk folder.

I received the same email so it’s definitely nothing to do with economics. Might have something to do with the start date.

Yep, have checked my junk and it's not in there too - how weird 😅. But the person below is saying that today's email should have come from a different email address anyway 😂
Original post by Sonia_3

Very true - I applied for September and I’m in pathway 2. That would make sense
Hey! Just joining as I also received an email yesterday to say I am through to the verbal and numerical tests. Is anyone aware of which provider they use, is the same across the civil service?If anyone has already taken the tests what were they like and are they timed?Thanks
Who was yesterday's email from? HMT? I might email them to ask why I never got one lol
Hey guys - does anyone know where to find the practice tests? On the advice page on the website it indicates there should be a link in the email, but the only link I can see is to the actual tests!
Hey! Didn’t realise there was a thread for this scheme, I got my email this morning with a link to take the verbal and numerical tests. Has anybody taken them yet?
I got an email as well to do the tests, good luck everyone! :smile:
Congrats on getting through!
Anyone else still waiting on an outcome from SJQs? :s-smilie:

A bit worried my e-mail has a glitch or something now, though, cos I didn't get that initial 'received application' confirmation from them that everyone seems to have gotten. Unless I get an update over the weekend, will have to e-mail them first thing Monday I guess!
Original post by charine_9

A bit worried my e-mail has a glitch or something now, though, cos I didn't get that initial 'received application' confirmation from them that everyone seems to have gotten. Unless I get an update over the weekend, will have to e-mail them first thing Monday I guess!

Did you receive an email today for the test invite? I got the test invite today but never got an email yesterday like everyone else seems to have 😅

My confirmation email took a few days to come through - maybe give it until next week?
done the tests, hope everyone found it okay?
Did you receive an email today for the test invite? I got the test invite today but never got an email yesterday like everyone else seems to have 😅

Nope, unfortunately not yet. It's weird cos I used the same e-mail as last year and got the messages at each stage. I'll keep a look out this weekend, though and e-mail/call them on Monday. Hopefully there will be good news!

Original post by Brandimo
My confirmation email took a few days to come through - maybe give it until next week?

Was this the confirmation e-mail for you initial application? But yeah, guess that's the plan for now! I'll be waiting anxiously all weekend though, lol.
Nope, unfortunately not yet. It's weird cos I used the same e-mail as last year and got the messages at each stage. I'll keep a look out this weekend, though and e-mail/call them on Monday. Hopefully there will be good news!

Was this the confirmation e-mail for you initial application? But yeah, guess that's the plan for now! I'll be waiting anxiously all weekend though, lol.

Yeah - for the very first application.
Original post by sarskinz
done the tests, hope everyone found it okay?

If you’ve done numerical/verbal tests for other civil service positions - how do these ones compare? Are they similar?
Reply 79

This is very weird. Do you have any proof of application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending