The Student Room Group

3rd year funding refused

To whom it may concern,

I started my degree in the academic year of 2019/2020. Due to health reasons, I saw myself unable to submit my second-year assignments and returning for my final year. The whole situation was discussed with Student Advisors, Money Advisors and Tutors. I was advised to apply for mitigating circumstances (which I did, successfully) and then return for my final year in Sept 2023/2024. This is exactly how I proceeded.

I saw today that it says in my application that I'm not eligible, I contacted your team and I'm still waiting for a solution. As you can imagine, I am very anxious regarding this situation.

Kind regards.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by vlps
To whom it may concern,

I started my degree in the academic year of 2019/2020. Due to health reasons, I saw myself unable to submit my second-year assignments and returning for my final year. The whole situation was discussed with Student Advisors, Money Advisors and Tutors. I was advised to apply for mitigating circumstances (which I did, successfully) and then return for my final year in Sept 2023/2024. This is exactly how I proceeded.

I saw today that it says in my application that I'm not eligible, I contacted your team and I'm still waiting for a solution. As you can imagine, I am very anxious regarding this situation.

Kind regards.

Hi vlps,

Can you confirm if you received an email when the evidence was processed to advise why you have been deemed ineligible?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi vlps,

Can you confirm if you received an email when the evidence was processed to advise why you have been deemed ineligible?

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare,

I did not receive that email and the letter that was sent included no explanation.

Thank you.
Original post by vlps
Hi Clare,

I did not receive that email and the letter that was sent included no explanation.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Thanks, can you please tell us what happened when you contacted us? Did an advisor send a referral to the assessors to get this resolved?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
I think they did send the application to be reassessed and said I would hear back from them in 5 business days, it’s been over a week and a half since then and I haven’t heard anything back. I’m quite concerned.

Thank you.
Original post by vlps
I think they did send the application to be reassessed and said I would hear back from them in 5 business days, it’s been over a week and a half since then and I haven’t heard anything back. I’m quite concerned.

Thank you.

Hi Vips,

You would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account, or call us on 0300 100 0607. We're open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm and Saturdays till 4pm.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending