The Student Room Group

I go to City University — would employers care?

Study Sociology and International Politics at City, got BBB, as of recently I’ve been considering resitting my a levels and reapplying because of how much I hate this university. The job prospects are good.... if you go to Cass. I’ve already written my personal statement, but I’m unsure as to whether this is worth it.
Reply 1
Im a first year btw.
Original post by Anonymous
Study Sociology and International Politics at City, got BBB, as of recently I’ve been considering resitting my a levels and reapplying because of how much I hate this university. The job prospects are good.... if you go to Cass. I’ve already written my personal statement, but I’m unsure as to whether this is worth it.

What uni are you referring to?
Reply 3
Original post by Matt14451
What uni are you referring to?

City, University of London
City, University of London

Why do u hate it ?
Reply 5
Original post by kkllookkkk
Why do u hate it ?

Kind of run-down.... so many things

Isn’t it a semi target and it’s in a good location too !
Reply 7

Have you been to other universities to see friends (not tours for prospective students) to make sure the same doesnt apply there?
Reply 8

Provided you get 2.1+ and have a good CV (with decent amount of experience) then nobody will care. Lots of firm these days hide your uni name from recruiters to prevent bias, and focus on a strength based approach. The only times you'll be rejected because of your uni is if you're applying to highly competitive jobs like investment banking that filters applicants from non targets (though CASS business school part of city university is highly regarded and has lots of alumni in the industry).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending