The Student Room Group

Eczema Flare up

Basically, I had an eczema flare up on my face since 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't gone away despite me putting steroid creams like clobovate...... (I cant spell it). It is basically really red and dry and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible as I always try to hide it by putting my hand on top of it. Any tips? Also, does constantly touching your face make it worse?
Help please, I know for a fact that no girl would like me at this rate!

Scroll to see replies

Try putting e45 cream on it, if it’s not infected. That normally clears mine up. If it’s infected (bleeding, starting to weep etc) then go to the doctors and they can give you stuff to put on it. And try not to touch it!
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Try putting e45 cream on it, if it’s not infected. That normally clears mine up. If it’s infected (bleeding, starting to weep etc) then go to the doctors and they can give you stuff to put on it. And try not to touch it!

thanks for the reply, would epaderm do the same as well?
Reply 3

also would it get rid of the dryness and redness?
thanks for the reply, would epaderm do the same as well?

I guess so, I always thought epaderm was more for prevention?? Idk I might be wrong. E45 is there for when u get a flare up (it is dead good)
Reply 5
Original post by cath_slater
I guess so, I always thought epaderm was more for prevention?? Idk I might be wrong. E45 is there for when u get a flare up (it is dead good)

ahhh ok, i will just ask the doctors tommorrow thx:smile::hugs:
Reply 6
any more tips to get rid of inflammation(red, dry skin) fast due to eczema?:angelblush:
Reply 7
any more tips to get rid of inflammation(red, dry skin) fast due to eczema?:angelblush:

Honestly, it's a bit trial and error as to what works for you. Try a very mild face wash, like Simple. Then apply a cream and let it sink in, no rubbing. There's a lot of over-the-counter moisturisers and medicated creams and, as I said, it might take time to find what suits you and they might only work for a while then you need to change. Not exhaustive, but there's Aveeno, Cetaphil, Dermalex, Child's Farm, E45, Eurax, Sudocrem, Oilatum, Diprobase, Eumovate (last 2 have been brilliant for me).
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
Honestly, it's a bit trial and error as to what works for you. Try a very mild face wash, like Simple. Then apply a cream and let it sink in, no rubbing. There's a lot of over-the-counter moisturisers and medicated creams and, as I said, it might take time to find what suits you and they might only work for a while then you need to change. Not exhaustive, but there's Aveeno, Cetaphil, Dermalex, Child's Farm, E45, Eurax, Sudocrem, Oilatum, Diprobase, Eumovate (last 2 have been brilliant for me).

thx, how often do you get flare up
Reply 9
I completely understand the pain. If your eczema flares up often or stays red and flaky for a long time, you could try going to the gp and see if they can refer you to a dermatologist (appointments every week) - it's the only thing that got rid of my eczema in the long run. Other than that, you kinda just have to moisturise continuously - baby creams and natural oils are always good.
have you tried Aveeno?
Original post by Hey17
I completely understand the pain. If your eczema flares up often or stays red and flaky for a long time, you could try going to the gp and see if they can refer you to a dermatologist (appointments every week) - it's the only thing that got rid of my eczema in the long run. Other than that, you kinda just have to moisturise continuously - baby creams and natural oils are always good.

This 110% worked for me. I used baby shampoo, baby body wash and baby cream and within less than 2 weeks, my eczema of almost 7 years was all gone.

Regular emollients!
Original post by Leviathan1611
have you tried Aveeno?

no
This 110% worked for me. I used baby shampoo, baby body wash and baby cream and within less than 2 weeks, my eczema of almost 7 years was all gone.

oh, i might try that
no

try it. make sure the affected skin is always moist with cream.
try it. make sure the affected skin is always moist with cream.

what does it help with?
Original post by Hey17

yep, im going to the GP tomorrow thx:smile:
what does it help with?

eczema, rashes. that's what I use when I get a rash.
eczema, rashes. that's what I use when I get a rash.

oooohhhh, how long does it take to disappear?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending