The Student Room Group

Educational Psychology Funded Doctorate 2020

Has any one heard back from any Universities on whether they have been shortlisted for interview for the EdPsych PHD?
Reply 1
I haven’t heard anything yet either. On the AEP website it just says they’ve received my application. Status on there will change if you are invited to interview or declined. I did have a query from UEA about my BPS eligibility in early December and once confirmed was told my application was being put forward for shortlisting process.
Reply 2
No news for me yet either. I applied to UEL, IOE and UCL. Will keep you guys posted in case I hear anything.
Reply 3
Hello, Haven't heard anything yet. Beginning to worry.... What unis have you applied to?
Reply 4
Original post by debbs24
Hello, Haven't heard anything yet. Beginning to worry.... What unis have you applied to?

I applied to IOE, UCL & Bristol. Nothing has changed either - will be contacted directly or do we need to keep an eye on the portal?
Reply 5
Original post by ctay
I applied to IOE, UCL & Bristol. Nothing has changed either - will be contacted directly or do we need to keep an eye on the portal?

I gather we are meant to be contacted directly- I would assume via email.
Reply 6
I have heard from UCL that I didn't make shortlisting :frown:
Reply 7
Same here😫
Reply 8
Original post by DolphLn
I have heard from UCL that I didn't make shortlisting :frown:

I didn’t either , but have been shortlisted for UEA
Reply 9
Great! 👍🏻Good luck with that! When’s your interview day?
Reply 10
Original post by debbs24
Great! 👍🏻Good luck with that! When’s your interview day?

Thanks, it’s 20th February...still awaiting on UEL, you?
Reply 11
Still waiting for UEL and IOE🙄 fingers crossed for the 20th then!!! Keep us posted.
Hope everyone’s interviews went well and good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone have any advice on types of interview questions to expect or how best to prepare for the interview?

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by ashleighs1
Hope everyone’s interviews went well and good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone have any advice on types of interview questions to expect or how best to prepare for the interview?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi ashleigh, where’s your interview/s at?
Original post by Tazpips
Hi ashleigh, where’s your interview/s at?

Nottingham :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by ashleighs1
Nottingham :smile:

Hi ashleigh,
I’d think about what you think an EP does, what challenges the TEP course would present you, research linked to children you’ve done, what you think equal opportunities is??? , mine had a question from parents who use EP services, If Nottingham is hot on something like Social Justice I’d be able to explain your understanding of it. Don’t want to be too specific as UEA didn't want their questions shared. We had seven in all, 50 minutes and a card task, to discuss in interview, we also had a written task. Taz
Original post by Tazpips
Hi ashleigh,
I’d think about what you think an EP does, what challenges the TEP course would present you, research linked to children you’ve done, what you think equal opportunities is??? , mine had a question from parents who use EP services, If Nottingham is hot on something like Social Justice I’d be able to explain your understanding of it. Don’t want to be too specific as UEA didn't want their questions shared. We had seven in all, 50 minutes and a card task, to discuss in interview, we also had a written task. Taz

Thank you, that’s really helpful!
Do you have any advice on what to expect for the written task? Or how best to prepare?

Hope your interview went well by the way! ☺️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending