The Student Room Group

RAF CBAT Testing

Hi

I am due to go to Cranwell soon for my CBAT tests. Just a couple of questions really as i am trying to prepare myself as much as possible.

1) Any recommendations for finding practice tests? I have downloaded an app already (CBAT) which seems decent.
2) If youre unsure on an answer is it best to guess to move onto the next one or are you downgraded for wrong answers? I dont want to waste time if it isnt going to have an impact on my scores.
3) Any tips for on the day?

Thanks in advance.
Original post by RAFApplicant123
Hi

I am due to go to Cranwell soon for my CBAT tests. Just a couple of questions really as i am trying to prepare myself as much as possible.

1) Any recommendations for finding practice tests? I have downloaded an app already (CBAT) which seems decent.
2) If youre unsure on an answer is it best to guess to move onto the next one or are you downgraded for wrong answers? I dont want to waste time if it isnt going to have an impact on my scores.
3) Any tips for on the day?

Thanks in advance.

Just practice mental arithmetic and speed distance time.

Some tests you get points for an estimate, some tests you lose points for inputting an incorrect answer it will tell you in the instructions.

In the week leading up to the tests get up at 0530 everyday unless you do this already. Eat healthy food, get a good nights sleep and hydrate. You can take a water bottle and it’s worth taking a couple of your own snacks for your lunch break. (A pack lunch is provided but it’s fairly basic).
Original post by AlphaTango
Just practice mental arithmetic and speed distance time.

Some tests you get points for an estimate, some tests you lose points for inputting an incorrect answer it will tell you in the instructions.

In the week leading up to the tests get up at 0530 everyday unless you do this already. Eat healthy food, get a good nights sleep and hydrate. You can take a water bottle and it’s worth taking a couple of your own snacks for your lunch break. (A pack lunch is provided but it’s fairly basic).

Do this!

I took (whether it not it was a good idea looking back) energy tablets - it gave me some boosts; but don’t over do it or you’ll have a mini crash... not what you want when you’re being mentally challenged.

Some people had chewing gum/others had soft sweets, but just don’t go in with a full on bag full of sweets - people won’t take too kindly to you rustling around..

The very best of luck
Thanks for the advice!
Take a read of rafcbat.wordpress.com
Not my website and it's a little bit outdated in terms of the procedure on the day, but is very informative regardless and will give you a nice overview of how the process works, and the tests you will be doing. Also make sure you have signed onto your careers portal and downloaded your info PDF as this is the up to date official guide from the RAF.
As an aspiring RAF recruit I have no doubt you'll love the day - just take it for what it is, a night on an RAF base where you can get to know some new people and have the experience of taking the CBAT, which is something that not everyone gets the opportunity to do.
Best of luck!
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest