The Student Room Group

Self support

Honestly, I cannot believe that I am going to join university next year. I am literraly a kid at heard, I dont know how to drive, how to wash dishes, how to cook, how to arrange my cupboard, how to iron. This is the full list of things that i am unable to do independently without my mother's help. I honestly feel ashamed that I cannot do many basic stuff on my own. I intend to learn, but then I am overwhelmed by the pressures of A Levels. I do not know how I will survive at university on my own. Can you guys express your views on this issue.
Regards
Original post by theoverlorder432
Honestly, I cannot believe that I am going to join university next year. I am literraly a kid at heard, I dont know how to drive, how to wash dishes, how to cook, how to arrange my cupboard, how to iron. This is the full list of things that i am unable to do independently without my mother's help. I honestly feel ashamed that I cannot do many basic stuff on my own. I intend to learn, but then I am overwhelmed by the pressures of A Levels. I do not know how I will survive at university on my own. Can you guys express your views on this issue.
Regards

You will adapt quickly. Stop worrying so much.
Original post by theoverlorder432
Regards

If you want to learn now, pick one task per week to learn - you don't need to drive to go to uni, but being able to do your own chores is pretty vital. It'll come naturally with practice, and it'll stop you feeling helpless and overwhelmed once you move to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending