The Student Room Group

Dependency

Hello,

I have been living with my boyfriend and his family for the past two years and have minimal contact with my mother. She does not help me financially at all.

I have been sent the independent/dependent form to fill in however none of the boxes fully apply to my situation? What am I to do please?
Original post by Katie635
Hello,
I have been living with my boyfriend and his family for the past two years and have minimal contact with my mother. She does not help me financially at all.
I have been sent the independent/dependent form to fill in however none of the boxes fully apply to my situation? What am I to do please?
Hi Katie,

Are you estranged from your mum or do you still speak with her and regarding the independent form, do you have 3 years of self support prior to the very first day of your course? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Katie,
Are you estranged from your mum or do you still speak with her and regarding the independent form, do you have 3 years of self support prior to the very first day of your course? Thanks, Jason
We speak if it’s an absolute must but I haven’t lived at my home address for a couple of years now and my boyfriend and his family house me.

I do have some evidence however only from part time jobs and I’m unsure if this would suffice as supporting myself?
Hi Katie,

You would not be able to apply for estrangement as you are still in contact with your mum. When does your course start or has it already started? When was the 1st academic year?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi Katie,
You would not be able to apply for estrangement as you are still in contact with your mum. When does your course start or has it already started? When was the 1st academic year?
Thanks, Drew
My first academic year was 2022/23 and has already started for this yesr
Hi Katie,

So you would need to provide evidence of self support for 3 years prior 1st of September 2022. This can be 3 years of P60s or 3 years of payslips and this can be uploaded from your online account.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending