The Student Room Group

Retaking Maths IAL Level module = trouble?

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by JustStudy9189
So here's the thing, after applying a few weeks ago I put my IAL Maths A Level as Pending for January 2020. However, I fear my C34 exam didn't go very well so now I am planning to retake only C34 in June 2020.

The thing is I didn't apply for cash in, so I cannot mention my January 2020 result but as I am going to be retaking C34 in June 2020 then cashing in IAL Maths, is it a problem if the qualification date remains as January 2020, despite taking one of the modules for IAL maths in June 2020 or will the unis have a problem with it? If they do can I change it to June 2020?

I'm pretty worried as I already got offers so I want to know how to handle this properly so I don't lose my place!

You do need to notify UCAS and your universities of the new award date for the A level. Ucas has a form to do this on the “making changes to your application” page or you can email [email protected] (remember to include all your details and the details of the qualification that needs changing).

Once UCAS confirm that they’ve amended your qualification you need to notify all of your universities of the new award date. In theory they can amend or withdraw an offer in this situation - they won’t.

If you don’t update everyone then there’s a risk that you could be rejected in error or on a technicality for failing to inform your universities (I’ve only known one case of this but better safe than sorry!).
Original post by PQ
You do need to notify UCAS and your universities of the new award date for the A level. Ucas has a form to do this on the “making changes to your application” page or you can email [email protected] (remember to include all your details and the details of the qualification that needs changing).

Once UCAS confirm that they’ve amended your qualification you need to notify all of your universities of the new award date. In theory they can amend or withdraw an offer in this situation - they won’t.

If you don’t update everyone then there’s a risk that you could be rejected in error or on a technicality for failing to inform your universities (I’ve only known one case of this but better safe than sorry!).

Thanks, is there are deadline for this? I’m waiting for my results to come out first (4 March 2020). Also do I have to email all the unis I applied to, or only the ones I’m planning to make my firm and insurance choice?
Original post by JustStudy9189
Thanks, is there are deadline for this? I’m waiting for my results to come out first (4 March 2020). Also do I have to email all the unis I applied to, or only the ones I’m planning to make my firm and insurance choice?

It’s best to do it as soon as you know the award date on your application is no longer correct.

You only have to notify universities that you want to attend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending