The Student Room Group

help?? best trains to use for students??

Hi can someone who uses train as their main transportation/or are very comfortable with using trains tell me which is the cheapest for students to use to travel between Manchester-Leeds and vice versa
Reply 1
At the moment no, i have started an application for it though. What are the average fare rates to travel between manchester and leeds?
Get trainpal, it’s fully authorised to sell tickets and it makes them cheaper by split ticketing it. Just download, as a student it’s helped me so much
Reply 3
Original post by TheOnlyIzzy
Get trainpal, it’s fully authorised to sell tickets and it makes them cheaper by split ticketing it. Just download, as a student it’s helped me so much

can you explain how it works?
Original post by springdcy
can you explain how it works?

It’s an app. Basically if you get a ticket say, Nottingham -> Oxford. You might have 1 or 2 changes. If you buy the journey as one ticket, a lot of the time it charges you for the change. Instead the app buys 2/3 individual tickets, so that there’s no charge on their for the change even though it’s the EXACT same journey. Rather than being £45 with a railcard, it’s now £29. Fully authorised and everything

Quick Reply

Latest