The Student Room Group

MSc in Data Science/Analytics

I have 9 years of experience in Supply Chain and I am currently working as a six sigma black belt. I have done my Bachelors and Masters in Mechanical Engg. Now I want to pursue masters in data science/analytics for improving my competency. I want to work as a consultant in the UK. I have offers from Cardiff, Bath and Lancaster (5000 pound scholarship). I am awaiting results from Southampton, Manchester and Imperial college business school. Help me in choosing the right univ based on employability.
Reply 1
Which course is your favourite based on content?
Reply 2
Original post by Sataris
Which course is your favourite based on content?

Since I want to focus on business analytics which is general, almost all universities stand the same. I am not completely sure though.
Reply 3
Can someone help on this? Just giving a bump to the thread.
Since you want to focus on business analytics in general, data science might not be a perfect choice for you. Because data science is more heavily on the machine learning and statistics (imagine yourself learning and writing algorithms to categorise data points in Python, is it what you want to do?)

I would highly recommend to compare the course content between business analytics and data science that you have applied and see which course is right for you.
Reply 5
Original post by Helloworld012
Since you want to focus on business analytics in general, data science might not be a perfect choice for you. Because data science is more heavily on the machine learning and statistics (imagine yourself learning and writing algorithms to categorise data points in Python, is it what you want to do?)

I would highly recommend to compare the course content between business analytics and data science that you have applied and see which course is right for you.

Thanks a lot. I will look into the course content.

Could you also tell which university would have better job prospects for international students?
Original post by ln_ram2006
Thanks a lot. I will look into the course content.

Could you also tell which university would have better job prospects for international students?

Unfortunately I am not sure the employability for the business analytics role. All unis that you have applied so far have a strong reputation in science(informatics/computer science) + business so it helps you to get extra point to get the job here.
Original post by ln_ram2006
I have 9 years of experience in Supply Chain and I am currently working as a six sigma black belt. I have done my Bachelors and Masters in Mechanical Engg. Now I want to pursue masters in data science/analytics for improving my competency. I want to work as a consultant in the UK. I have offers from Cardiff, Bath and Lancaster (5000 pound scholarship). I am awaiting results from Southampton, Manchester and Imperial college business school. Help me in choosing the right univ based on employability.

https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending