The Student Room Group

Please help me

Due to this lockdown, I put one walk talkie outside on the window sill and broadcasted please go home. Theres a car park behind my house and there was this white ford fiesta with people in it getting out. I said "people in the white ford fiesta, the uk is on lockdown so go home" then I hear shouting, swearing and everything. Basically this guy is getting all mad saying "coming over the ****ing fence and say that, ****ing sat there in your **** house and your radio bull**** you prick". I was scared that he was going to jump over the fence and come into the house but he didnt thankfully but he was proper getting mad, he was kicking the fence, shouting and swearing for about 10 minutes. My parents went out and sorted it then they proper had ago at me. Im just in a bit of shock still and scared because the guy knows where I live also my parents rection was not helpful. Im better now but my heart was pounding when they guy was shouting, I was so scared ngl. I just attempted to help people stay at home and its gone wrong.

Scroll to see replies

You weren't really trying to help though were you. You've learnt from it, antagonising people doesn't help, and you won't do it again.
Original post by Anonymous
Due to this lockdown, I put one walk talkie outside on the window sill and broadcasted please go home. Theres a car park behind my house and there was this white ford fiesta with people in it getting out. I said "people in the white ford fiesta, the uk is on lockdown so go home" then I hear shouting, swearing and everything. Basically this guy is getting all mad saying "coming over the ****ing fence and say that, ****ing sat there in your **** house and your radio bull**** you prick". I was scared that he was going to jump over the fence and come into the house but he didnt thankfully but he was proper getting mad, he was kicking the fence, shouting and swearing for about 10 minutes. My parents went out and sorted it then they proper had ago at me. Im just in a bit of shock still and scared because the guy knows where I live also my parents rection was not helpful. Im better now but my heart was pounding when they guy was shouting, I was so scared ngl. I just attempted to help people stay at home and its gone wrong.

This was pretty childish and badly judged. If I'd been your parents, I would have had a go at you, too.

I'm sure this action came from a good place, and a desire to do the right thing, but you are not the police, neither do you have any authority to be telling people what to do. People don't really like being bossed around in this country, particularly from a walkie talkie placed on a window-ledge. This is not (quite) 1984.

Think a bit more... :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Joe1000000
You weren't really trying to help though were you. You've learnt from it, antagonising people doesn't help, and you won't do it again.

I was just trying to help
you were doing the right thing, they should be home. Next time get some sort of defensive weaponry to deter them if they get hostile.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
This was pretty childish and badly judged. If I'd been your parents, I would have had a go at you, too.

I'm sure this action came from a good place, and a desire to do the right thing, but you are not the police, neither do you have any authority to be telling people what to do. People don't really like being bossed around in this country, particularly from a walkie talkie placed on a window-ledge. This is not (quite) 1984.

Think a bit more... :smile:

I could so say I was helping the police out. On youtube people who post videos of them being out get told what to do in the comments.
I could so say I was helping the police out. On youtube people who post videos of them being out get told what to do in the comments.

But you weren't commenting on a video on YouTube, were you? You were telling people what to do via a disembodied voice broadcasting from a walkie-talkie!!

Surely you can see the difference? How old are you?
Reply 7
But you weren't commenting on a video on YouTube, were you? You were telling people what to do via a disembodied voice broadcasting from a walkie-talkie!!

Surely you can see the difference? How old are you?

I just wanted to try help people out and Im 21 years old.
Reply 8

Only just 21

Oh wow... I wasn't expecting that!
Oh wow... I wasn't expecting that!

Ok
Original post by NathanAtro3
you were doing the right thing, they should be home. Next time get some sort of defensive weaponry to deter them if they get hostile.

I know, people should be at home

bruh

Record him (this is allowed as it is for evidence) and tell the police if it happens again.
Original post by BeautifulQueen
Record him (this is allowed as it is for evidence) and tell the police if it happens again.

I will if he comes back again
I will if he comes back again

okay, good. If the police don't help, then let me know because I have plan B.
Also you get fined and go to prison for about 3 months if you are outside for no reason.
If you are in your garden, then that is fine.
You were doing something normally people would not even think of. But that guy's reaction, was pathetic. He deserves broken legs.

I saw something similar a while ago. One guy was looking for a parking space. Didn't indicate or anything before stopping, then started reversing doing the parallel park. The guy behind him horned, only lightly. The first guy then went absolute berserk. Started shouting like a mad dog before he realised that his window wasn't even rolled down. The guy behind him just overtook and drove off as the other was opening his door. Sensible, I guess.

I really wish these types would get their teeth knocked out more often by someone else with a violent record.
(edited 3 years ago)
You were doing the right thing but perhaps not the right way!
Original post by As.1997
You were doing the right thing but perhaps not the right way!

I was thinking of other ways I could have done it but there isnt many
Why are you screwing around with strangers then smh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending