The Student Room Group

BSMS A100 2020 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ghaith Al N
Oh I now understand, I think that we have such limited options for accommodation because they put all medical students together, which is quite good.

Yeah that must be it! Might change in year 2 by we’ll see when we get there :smile:
Thursday 19 March

Please note that BSMS will give more details on how offers will be processed once we have had guidance from the Government. We hope to confirm the process as soon as possible. Please check back for updates.

https://www.bsms.ac.uk/index.aspx
Reply 42
Original post by oi9876
Yeah that must be it! Might change in year 2 by we’ll see when we get there :smile:

This whole thing is so worrying! I don’t know if I should be revising or not right now I’m so confused what’s going on :frown:
Reply 43
hi. if you have good predicted grades and overall good at your tests including mocks for the duration of the 2 years then you have nothing to worry about. The unknown to us is what BSMS going to do if they have over subscribed their offers.
Reply 44
Original post by mass63
hi. if you have good predicted grades and overall good at your tests including mocks for the duration of the 2 years then you have nothing to worry about. The unknown to us is what BSMS going to do if they have over subscribed their offers.

Not the best but not terrible either. All my hard work leading to these exams but oh well, hopefully I get the grades I need! :smile: and yes that’s very true, I’m sure everything will be made known once they decide
Original post by oi9876
This whole thing is so worrying! I don’t know if I should be revising or not right now I’m so confused what’s going on :frown:

Yeah although it might sound worrying, I really think it will be ok. I don't think teachers will give you anything lower than your predicted grade and so we should be ok. The good thing is that the offer (AAA/AAB or higher) is what everyone is predicted and so I feel like almost everyone who already got an offer will meet the requirements. This might be different to medics tho! That's why BSMS said that they will confirm soon.

Also, yeah that feels really weird that we are not taking our A levels and feels like it was a waste of time (although it's definitely not). I guess the most important thing at this time is to revise biology, which is most relevant at medical school.
Reply 47
Yeah although it might sound worrying, I really think it will be ok. I don't think teachers will give you anything lower than your predicted grade and so we should be ok. The good thing is that the offer (AAA/AAB or higher) is what everyone is predicted and so I feel like almost everyone who already got an offer will meet the requirements. This might be different to medics tho! That's why BSMS said that they will confirm soon.

Also, yeah that feels really weird that we are not taking our A levels and feels like it was a waste of time (although it's definitely not). I guess the most important thing at this time is to revise biology, which is most relevant at medical school.

I hope so! And yes I’m positive they’ll get back soon. It’s a first for everyone! Yes I will do. Thank you!
Reply 48
Hi all.
what are the possible scenarios for BSMS in relation to offer holders to avoid oversubscribtion.
Reply 49
hi guys how many weeks tenancy do we need to look for? not sure if its 39 or 40 :smile:
Original post by mass63
hi guys how many weeks tenancy do we need to look for? not sure if its 39 or 40 :smile:

The thing is, I used their term dates from their website to count how many weeks of uni there are and it was only 41 weeks. But, undergraduates are only allowed to take the 39 weeks option, which I feel like doesn't make sense. I don't think there is the option of choosing 40 weeks so I didn't even bother.
Reply 51
Anyone applied for student finance yet?x
Original post by oi9876

Yeah I have

I thought I would now cause I loads of time.
Hello!
I hope everyone's well. I was wondering whether people have started thinking about the way they are going to make notes in med school... Would anyone mind sharing the method they might prefer? I don't even know if I am going to go paperless or not and I am still in the process of watching videos about reviews on different electronic devices.
Original post by oi9876

I have started the application but I haven't submitted it yet. :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by Mirabilandia_
Hello!
I hope everyone's well. I was wondering whether people have started thinking about the way they are going to make notes in med school... Would anyone mind sharing the method they might prefer? I don't even know if I am going to go paperless or not and I am still in the process of watching videos about reviews on different electronic devices.

My sister is a med student and I just asked. She said active learning is key. What she does is take notes from lectures with the slides on her laptop and then summarise the notes. Then she asks herself questions on the main pieces of info highlighted. Hope that somewhat helped! Did the video you've watched give any tips?
Original post by oi9876
My sister is a med student and I just asked. She said active learning is key. What she does is take notes from lectures with the slides on her laptop and then summarise the notes. Then she asks herself questions on the main pieces of info highlighted. Hope that somewhat helped! Did the video you've watched give any tips?

This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing! Also does your sister keep her notes in a digital format or does she eventually print off her summaries? I like writing my notes on paper but then I don't want too many notes in a folder (especially since there's going to be a lot of content). The main tips I have gathered so far include not buying any textbooks which I am very surprised about, but I guess you would get the latest info on internet anyway. I am currently binge watching Ali Abdaal's videos on note taking, med school etc. I'll be honest though- I think I am more unsure than before- there are so many options! hahaha
Reply 57
This is very helpful. Thank you for sharing! Also does your sister keep her notes in a digital format or does she eventually print off her summaries? I like writing my notes on paper but then I don't want too many notes in a folder (especially since there's going to be a lot of content). The main tips I have gathered so far include not buying any textbooks which I am very surprised about, but I guess you would get the latest info on internet anyway. I am currently binge watching Ali Abdaal's videos on note taking, med school etc. I'll be honest though- I think I am more unsure than before- there are so many options! hahaha

Happy to be of some help! She has digital copies and physical copies printed, just so that she can review them wherever she is on her laptop but also highlight and annotate on a printed copy. Oh that is surprising! And ahahah I can imagine. I’ll check her YouTube channel out. Thank you :smile:
Hello!

I heard of Anki, good for flashcards if you want something electronic and easy to share with friends. I personally really like taking notes by hand. Because this is a lot of paper and is hard to keep track of, I will get an apple pencil and use it with my iPad to take notes in lectures/ hospital placements and It will always be very easy to carry around. I know it might be expensive to get the iPad and apple pencil, but lots of friends recommended it to me and said it's life-changing. I don't know about you, but writing by hand makes a difference for me :smile:
I heard of Anki, good for flashcards if you want something electronic and easy to share with friends. I personally really like taking notes by hand. Because this is a lot of paper and is hard to keep track of, I will get an apple pencil and use it with my iPad to take notes in lectures/ hospital placements and It will always be very easy to carry around. I know it might be expensive to get the iPad and apple pencil, but lots of friends recommended it to me and said it's life-changing. I don't know about you, but writing by hand makes a difference for me :smile:

Hey! Thank you for this! I will look into the iPad and the apple pencil (didn't know this was thing- I am not exactly an apple user lol). I also would agree with you because writing by hand makes a difference for me too. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending