The Student Room Group

Am I good enough for Law School

Hello All

I am in Year 12 and interested in apply to study Law at a uni. I am studying A-Level Econ, Politics and History.

GCSE GRADES-
Grade 8- x1
Grade 7- x4
Grade 6- x2
Grade 5- x3
A Level Predicted- A* A A

Is my academic profile good enough so I can get into a very good uni that would make me attractive to magic circle firms?
Yes.
Original post by proudmonkey
Hello All

I am in Year 12 and interested in apply to study Law at a uni. I am studying A-Level Econ, Politics and History.

GCSE GRADES-
Grade 8- x1
Grade 7- x4
Grade 6- x2
Grade 5- x3
A Level Predicted- A* A A

Is my academic profile good enough so I can get into a very good uni that would make me attractive to magic circle firms?

Do you know what a magic circle law firm is and what it does? Sounds like a trigger word to me.
Original post by Reality Check
Do you know what a magic circle law firm is and what it does? Sounds like a trigger word to me.

Are they the top 5 law firms in London that bring in the most revenue.
Original post by sammyj97
Yes.

Could I get into Bristol, LSE, Warwick, Durham, Leeds, York, Durham, Oxford, Cambridge???
Could I get into Bristol, LSE, Warwick, Durham, Leeds, York, Durham, Oxford, Cambridge???

For Oxford, they are quite strict on GCSEs but it would depend on a lot of factors like your LNAT, especially your essay, the interview and etc. You can only apply to one uni in Oxbridge so Cambridge you will likely but it depends on a lot of factors for CLT, interview and etc but they are less strict in GCSEs and they are less strict than Oxford. For Bristol, Durham and LSE, LNAT is important since for Bristol it's 40% LNAT, 40% A-levels and 20% GCSEs while Durham is less strict on it since you need to have a satisfactory score and I think LSE is important in them. I think you can get into York, if you do well in their interview, Leeds and Warwick but not too sure about the others since other factors are important in their admissions process
You'd definitely be fine for a decent law school.
Original post by PetitePanda
For Oxford, they are quite strict on GCSEs but it would depend on a lot of factors like your LNAT, especially your essay, the interview and etc. You can only apply to one uni in Oxbridge so Cambridge you will likely but it depends on a lot of factors for CLT, interview and etc but they are less strict in GCSEs and they are less strict than Oxford. For Bristol, Durham and LSE, LNAT is important since for Bristol it's 40% LNAT, 40% A-levels and 20% GCSEs while Durham is less strict on it since you need to have a satisfactory score and I think LSE is important in them. I think you can get into York, if you do well in their interview, Leeds and Warwick but not too sure about the others since other factors are important in their admissions process

Do LSE see GCSEs as important?
Do LSE see GCSEs as important?

I think they do but not too sure since I never researched about any London unis so maybe look for threads here or asking on here if so or look/request at FOI requests for what LNAT applicants' GCSEs were at whatdotheyknow.com
Original post by PetitePanda
I think they do but not too sure since I never researched about any London unis so maybe look for threads here or asking on here if so or look/request at FOI requests for what LNAT applicants' GCSEs were at whatdotheyknow.com

are u a law student, if so could you recommend any books for my PS
are u a law student, if so could you recommend any books for my PS

Noooo I want to be but I'm still in yr 12. I'm currently reading What about Law since it has a general overview of each compulsory modules but If you know what are of law you like I suggest getting a book based on that tbh. If you like Fiction + Law, Eve was Framed and The Secret Barrister is popular

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending