The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I was thinking of Atlas or Tower Bridge, anyone else?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 81
I received the temporary password, and I entered my student ID as username, then it shows:"We are sorry, but your authentication attempt has failed. Please contact the Housing Office for assistance."
I have already required several times for new passwords, and still not working.
Does anyone know how to solve this?
many thx...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 82
How are the shared bathrooms like? I am debating between non-ensuite and ensuite because tbh I'm not entirely confident in managing the bathroom well. Also, the room will be more spacious if there is no bathroom.

Also, can someone please help me choose between:
1. Great Dover Street (Ensuite)
2. Wolfson House (Non-ensuite)
3. Moonraker Point (Ensuite)

I'll be a first year undergrad student and studying mostly near Guy's Campus :smile: thanks
Original post by Michael820
I was thinking of Atlas or Tower Bridge, anyone else?

I think I’m gonna go for Atlas
Original post by ibstudent16
Does anyone know how many hall options we get to put down when registering for accommodation? And are certain halls prioritized over others? (ie. If I put Moonraker Point as my #1 choice, and Stamford Street Apartments as my 2nd choice, is it more likely I'll get Moonraker?)

Original post by galaxy,
I think the first date to book is on the 13th, I also have an invitation for the 16th ((:

Mine’s on the 13th (so today) but when I click the link in the email it says I don’t have permission to access it :’(
Reply 85
went in to book my accommodation this morning and the website was basically unusable for me :frown: an error message appeared anytime I tried to do anything and I was unable to book a room. I’ve emailed kings residences but I’m going to be extremely disappointed if this means i can’t get a room in one of my preferred halls
Original post by notveryoriginal
Mine’s on the 13th (so today) but when I click the link in the email it says I don’t have permission to access it :’(

You have to go through the website the link from the email doesnt work :smile:
Have people been given the option to choose Great Dover street and Stamford street?
Original post by Student1202
Have people been given the option to choose Great Dover street and Stamford street?

I wasn’t looking for them specifically but I don’t remember seeing them as an option. Also though, I found it quite difficult to pick the room I wanted when I put in parameters on the search thing. Better to just scroll through all options imho
Original post by renari
went in to book my accommodation this morning and the website was basically unusable for me :frown: an error message appeared anytime I tried to do anything and I was unable to book a room. I’ve emailed kings residences but I’m going to be extremely disappointed if this means i can’t get a room in one of my preferred halls

were you able to get the accommodation you wanted because the same thing happened to me
does anyone know if more accommodation will be available?
I phoned them up earlier. Apparently they stagger the release of accommodation, according to the helpline there will be more available tomorrow. I had the same problem as a lot of you. I couldn't actually get into the portal until 9.15 and by that point, all of the available rooms at Stamford Street were gone. Then I couldn't actually select the rooms which were available on Great Dover Street, my second choice, so I was just sitting there watching the number of rooms go down one by one. What a waste of time. I understand why they say the administration at King's is its weak point now.
Original post by srosal1
I phoned them up earlier. Apparently they stagger the release of accommodation, according to the helpline there will be more available tomorrow. I had the same problem as a lot of you. I couldn't actually get into the portal until 9.15 and by that point, all of the available rooms at Stamford Street were gone. Then I couldn't actually select the rooms which were available on Great Dover Street, my second choice, so I was just sitting there watching the number of rooms go down one by one. What a waste of time. I understand why they say the administration at King's is its weak point now.

ok thank you for this it was really helpful :smile:
Original post by srosal1

You said you could see great Dover street, are you already 18? Because I am not I should only be able to have great Dover street or Stanford street but neither were on there, I have booked Wolfson house because we dont want any other accommodations and cant afford them, do you reckon they will allow me to cancel and rebook if they become available?
Original post by Student1202
You said you could see great Dover street, are you already 18? Because I am not I should only be able to have great Dover street or Stanford street but neither were on there, I have booked Wolfson house because we dont want any other accommodations and cant afford them, do you reckon they will allow me to cancel and rebook if they become available?

I don't know if this helps but there is a 'manage booking/swap room' and a 'cancel' button so maybe you could check those out. They are pretty quick replying to emails and phone calls so maybe you could ring them up. to check. Good luck, I hope things work out for you!
Reply 95
Original post by srosal1

Thanks so much for sharing this ! Was really starting to panic there 😅
Original post by renari
Thanks so much for sharing this ! Was really starting to panic there 😅

no worries! I felt exactly the same.
Oof I can't access the website until the 22nd, I hope they'll still be rooms left..
Reply 98
Original post by srosal1

Thanks for the info. I was worried all rooms were already gone loool as i couldnt see any GDS ones. Do u know what time tomorrow they will release new rooms?
HI everyone, I hope you are well. I was wondering if you received a confirmation for your accommodation place via email, is the only way to cancel your contract by emailing the kings residency team directly?

Latest