The Student Room Group

From an East Asian perspective: UCL, KCL, LSE for Politics?

Hi everyone!

So I have offers from KCL and LSE and hope to hear from UCL soon. All are MSc in the area of International Relations. I want to work in Japan/China/Korea when I graduate so I was wondering how these Unis are viewed there. Which is most prestigious overall? Do people know the difference and diffirentiate e.g. that KCL is better at war studies?

I'd be incredibly thankful for any reply ^^ Unfortunately I think most Uni rankings are USA biased and do not incorporate Asian perspectives.
Original post by Miss_Thorn
Hi everyone!

So I have offers from KCL and LSE and hope to hear from UCL soon. All are MSc in the area of International Relations. I want to work in Japan/China/Korea when I graduate so I was wondering how these Unis are viewed there. Which is most prestigious overall? Do people know the difference and diffirentiate e.g. that KCL is better at war studies?

I'd be incredibly thankful for any reply ^^ Unfortunately I think most Uni rankings are USA biased and do not incorporate Asian perspectives.

LSE by a fair bit from an East Asian perspective. The President of Taiwan went to LSE as well as lots of political figures across Asia.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Diplomatic
LSE by a fair bit from an East Asian perspective. The President of Taiwan went to LSE as well as lots of political figures across Asia.

Thanks a lot! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending