The Student Room Group

Any LNAT tip?

Hi, I have done LNAT exam on a book today and I got 18 marks out of 42 on multiple choices, so I would like to know if there any tip to improve my score, I know my performance will change on the real exam but at least it would be better if I know any tip to improve my performance.
And also I would like to know the minimum LNAT score for Oxford so I will know how I can manage to make myself achieve the score I want.

Thank you so much for any help.

Scroll to see replies

I would generally advise you to practice online tests as well as books. To improve, I would make sure to look at the reasoning and thought processes behind the answer given (whether right or wrong) so you know how the paper ‘thinks’. Generally, I’d say the books I used were quite lenient, so makesure to practice online to, and twke any marks with a pinch of salt.

Oxford doesn’t have a minimum LNAT score per se, I think it’s just looked at in conjunction with your PS. Maybe someone else could advise?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Judo_1999
Hi, I have done LNAT exam on a book today and I got 18 marks out of 42 on multiple choices, so I would like to know if there any tip to improve my score, I know my performance will change on the real exam but at least it would be better if I know any tip to improve my performance.
And also I would like to know the minimum LNAT score for Oxford so I will know how I can manage to make myself achieve the score I want.

Your English sounds very dodgy, so maybe that might be a start, albeit a bit late in the day.
Original post by Reality Check
Your English sounds very dodgy, so maybe that might be a start, albeit a bit late in the day.

I screamed-

it changes every year, but the average for Oxford offers is high 20s. realistically you would need a 25, ideally a 30 or higher to have a good chance

No specific tips as I went to law school before the LNAT but just remember it’s a test so there is a marking scheme. Learning how the test thinks and you’ll pick up more marks but, if you don’t get what you want, don’t worry.
Original post by FingersXedAgain
No specific tips as I went to law school before the LNAT but just remember it’s a test so there is a marking scheme. Learning how the test thinks and you’ll pick up more marks but, if you don’t get what you want, don’t worry.

PRSOM.
Original post by lawcalling
PRSOM.

Im showing my age but what does that stand for? Lol

It's not an age thing - it's TSR jargon. It's an acronym for 'please rate some other message' used when you can't rep someone again because you've already repped them recently. It's a proxy to show appreciation :smile:
It's not an age thing - it's TSR jargon. It's an acronym for 'please rate some other message' used when you can't rep someone again because you've already repped them recently. It's a proxy to show appreciation :smile:

Oh that’s very nice. I’ll defo be using that as it happens to me a lot. Hate that you can’t just like people as often as you like their comments.
Oh that’s very nice. I’ll defo be using that as it happens to me a lot. Hate that you can’t just like people as often as you like their comments.

I know - it's very annoying but necessary to stop 'rep farming', which believe it or not would happen otherwise.
I know - it's very annoying but necessary to stop 'rep farming', which believe it or not would happen otherwise.

Yes makes sense but shame that a few (as usual) ruin it for everyone else.

Please rate some other member! I think it means I’ve rated you too recently/too much so I need to give repping you a break :lol:
Yes makes sense but shame that a few (as usual) ruin it for everyone else.

Yep - I'm afraid so.

I actually mistyped that: it should have been 'member' rather than 'message', but the principle is the same.
Original post by lawcalling
Please rate some other member! I think it means I’ve rated you too recently/too much so I need to give repping you a break :lol:

Thank you.

I was thinking that learning the logic of the test is like being a lawyer as you basically learn how the law thinks and use it to win arguments.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi!
I’ve done the exam and I really recommend the following:

1) Everytime you do a paper, look at the mark scheme and go over WHY the answer is B and not C (for example). Wait a week, do the paper again. You’ll probably remember some answers but I swear it helped me so much cause I then started to learn why the answers were X instead of Z and whatever. Idk if that makes sense!

2) don’t neglect the essay portion. So many ppl each year get really high LNAT scores but get rejected from the likes of Oxford and UCL for having a weaker essay!

3) I recommend Arbitio. If you can’t afford it, the lawyer portal has loads of free questions but I personally found them quite easy. The Mark Shepherd book is too easy imo!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16

I know
Reply 17
Thank you so much for the score chart, I feel more relax now. So I will aim my score around 25.
This thread made me smile

Wholesome with a slightly dark undertone (my favourite)
Reply 19
Original post by harrysbar
This thread made me smile

Wholesome with a slightly dark undertone (my favourite)

Smile in what way? Lol Positve or Negative?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending