The Student Room Group

Need help deciding on my EPQ question..!

Need to finally crack down on a question. My essay will be about the controversy surrounding water fluoridation.

Some ideas so far:

Why is the topic of fluoridation so controversial?

Why is fluoridation a controversial topic?

Why are water fluoridation programs not implemented throughout the whole UK?

Do the benefits of water fluoridation outweigh the 'risks'?

How has public opinion shaped fluoridation into a controversy?

Would really appreciate some help as these titles don't seem adequate or unique...not sure.

Thanks.
Since you're discussing a controversy, it doesn't necessarily have to be unique.
#1 and 2 are the same. The rest are unique in their own right. You just need to set the 'parameters' of what defines something as contraversial. Hope that makes sense?
Reply 2
Original post by Bookworm_88
Since you're discussing a controversy, it doesn't necessarily have to be unique.
#1 and 2 are the same. The rest are unique in their own right. You just need to set the 'parameters' of what defines something as contraversial. Hope that makes sense?

Thanks for the feedback :smile: Yeah 1 and 2 are the same 'cause I'm definitely overthinking and stressing about the 'perfect' wording. Someone on disc said that number 5 sounds the best - think I may choose that one.
Original post by TiffBe
Thanks for the feedback :smile: Yeah 1 and 2 are the same 'cause I'm definitely overthinking and stressing about the 'perfect' wording. Someone on disc said that number 5 sounds the best - think I may choose that one.

It all depends if you want to explain it, following a more science-y and techinical route (then perhaps question 3/4 is better) or if you want to follow a more general/media sort of route, then follow q.5. I'm also in s similar situation as you and am potentially loooking at the use of microbes in mining elements (biomining) perhaps in space, for my EPQ.
Reply 4
Original post by Bookworm_88
It all depends if you want to explain it, following a more science-y and techinical route (then perhaps question 3/4 is better) or if you want to follow a more general/media sort of route, then follow q.5. I'm also in s similar situation as you and am potentially loooking at the use of microbes in mining elements (biomining) perhaps in space, for my EPQ.

I probably should've mentioned that I've already done all my research - I'm going for the more political view on why there's opposition, explaining the hatred towards government 'mass-medication' and so on. I was originally going to do the more chemistry, dental fluorisis-y argument but my research kinda changed my mind ig.

So yeah, thanks for your input - I think I'ma go with Q5.

Your topic seems really cool btw, sometimes I wish I did something else interesting like that, maybe HeLa cells idk.
I've never heard of HeLa cells, what are they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending