The Student Room Group

does anyone know how i can learn spanish quickly

i need to learn spanish in 3 years any tips
- Duolingo
- watching Spanish TV
- Spanish documentaries! They talk slower usually
- start a journal in Spanish. Gets you used to using everyday language and expressing your thoughts in Spanish

That’s all I can think of atm! Hope this helped!
Original post by Suzie Meg
- Duolingo
- watching Spanish TV
- Spanish documentaries! They talk slower usually
- start a journal in Spanish. Gets you used to using everyday language and expressing your thoughts in Spanish

That’s all I can think of atm! Hope this helped!

Thank you, this helped! :smile:
Original post by hello1242547
Thank you, this helped! :smile:

I started watching Narcos today. Finished 1st season, I also started learning spanish from duolingo today
Duolingo

In 3 years is not "quickly" - some people do crash 2-3 month immersive language courses!

The suggestions above are good - you might also want to think about proper Spanish lessons, if you can afford them. Many adult learning centres will offer adult language learning, or if you're in school/uni you can see what provision there might be. If you want to use your Spanish, but not do lessons, it's also crucial that you get a Spanish conversation buddy so you can actually practice speaking Spanish - TV is all well and good but you won't necessarily learn how to actively use Spanish correctly.

Buena suerte, I hope that's helpful :smile:
I've never found duolingo very helpful. However, I would recommend
- lyrics training
- Finding and talking to a Spanish penfriend who is willing to correct you
- Spanish TV
- Keep a journal or diary in Spanish so that you can practice your grammar and look up and learn the words you don't know but need.
- Read books/ the news in Spanish (charity shops, once they're open again, often have foreign language books, as do libraries).
Reply 7
Evening class or one to one tuition. Learning a language is a marathon rather than a sprint. I would say Spanish is one of the easier languages for an English speaker to learn
Original post by AM.TSR
Duolingo

no, por favor. Lo siento Duolingo bird
Honestly 3 years more than enough. I would recommend some online course , there are a lot of online courses free online. And duolingo like most people have said. Spanish or your family vanish
Original post by AM.TSR
Duolingo

hahaahhahahahaa
Original post by Hammad(214508)
Honestly 3 years more than enough. I would recommend some online course , there are a lot of online courses free online. And duolingo like most people have said. Spanish or your family vanish

hhahahha ok i will do an online course
Original post by redmeercat
I've never found duolingo very helpful. However, I would recommend
- lyrics training
- Finding and talking to a Spanish penfriend who is willing to correct you
- Spanish TV
- Keep a journal or diary in Spanish so that you can practice your grammar and look up and learn the words you don't know but need.
- Read books/ the news in Spanish (charity shops, once they're open again, often have foreign language books, as do libraries).

thank u this was helpful!

Try Google Translater, it gives a voice recording how to pronounce a certain word or phrase. There is also
Duolingo or Babbel, both of these you can download to your phone. You could even try watching YouTube videos, there are some fantastic teachers who upload videos and ultimately you'll know Spanish.

Buena suerte!
Reply 14
Can't recommend LightSpeed Spanish enough on YouTube, podcasts or they have their own website too.
Reply 15
You can switch Netflix to Spanish (this won’t help yoy learn but will help u adjust to different accents and the speed at which native speakers speak)
I would say the best way to learn is to talk with native Spanish people as you pick it up so fast. So maybe try and find someone online who you can talk to on FaceTime, etc. Or alternatively help out at a foreign language school if there’s one near you (if you don’t know anyone Spanish personally). Otherwise just try and fit as much practice in as possible like watching tv and listening to news in Spanish (you can easily change the language settings on Netflix). Apps like Duolingo are also really good for understanding what words look like while you learn them if that is the way you learn :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending